Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered 2 of these tyres from mytyres.co.uk for ?205 inc p+p which is good. now i just need to no from peoples experiance on average how many days after the order did they take to arrive. i no it says up to 7 but i just need to no if any one has got them allot sooner?? as i need mine fast for sat if poss. thanks

myk3

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks
I have used these guys before and the delivery is quite quick 3/4 days
thanks, i would idealy need them for saturday. who are they delivered by??

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I've ordered from them twice now.  First time they were there within 3/4 days.. and the second time they said a week and turned up 3 days after.. and one of the days in between was a bank holiday !  They come from germany so it's deutsche post , then parcelforce or royal mail, iirc.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I ordered 2 x eagle F1 in january from mytyres after 2 weeks they still had not turned up, So i ended up having to cancel my order as they could not give me a def date for delivery, Might just be a 1 of though.  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got them this morning! great service!!! 3 days to get here from germany! any way im getting them fitted at just tyres later for ?12 a corner which inc vlaving and balencing. so it cost me about ?230 inc fitting for 2 goodyear F1s which is farly good, got a saving of 30-50 quid depeng where you go.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
got them this morning! great service!!! 3 days to get here from germany! any way im getting them fitted at just tyres later for ?12 a corner which inc vlaving and balencing. so it cost me about ?230 inc fitting for 2 goodyear F1s which is farly good, got a saving of 30-50 quid depeng where you go.
Told ya ! [:D] - ?12 a corner is a very good price too ! They look so good when they turn up all clean and nice deep treads don't they.. or perhaps that's just me !

</gets coat>

[:p]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Told ya ! [:D] - ?12 a corner is a very good price too ! They look so good when they turn up all clean and nice deep treads don't they.. or perhaps that's just me !

</gets coat>

[:p]
indeed, i hope they reduce a bit of wheel spin [y]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got 2 F1s for ?90 each from a local tyre place (not fitted) and I'm happy as a pig in **** (225/40/18)
damn that is good! how come so cheap?
Great tyres, just got mine fitted today. ?163.52 for 2 fully fitted from Blackcircles.com Now for the remap, if only [:(]

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got 2 F1s for ?90 each from a local tyre place (not fitted) and I'm happy as a pig in **** (225/40/18)
damn that is good! how come so cheap?
Great tyres, just got mine fitted today. ?163.52 for 2 fully fitted from Blackcircles.com Now for the remap, if only [:(]
how come they are so cheap for you?? what size are they?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi myk33,

Standard size for my 1.8T, Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 205/55 R16 Z they are ?81.76 each fitted on the blackcicles.com website.

Cheers

Kells

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi myk33,

Standard size for my 1.8T, Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 205/55 R16 Z they are ?81.76 each fitted on the blackcicles.com website.

Cheers

Kells
no to bad i think.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi myk33,

Cheers

Kells
I had some ordered through E-Tyres, they are around ?83 fitted (mobile service), but they couldnt get stock for 4 weeks... Just phoned round locally and they are ?75.50 each.. good price I thought!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi myk33,

Cheers

Kells
I had some ordered through E-Tyres, they are around ?83 fitted (mobile service), but they couldnt get stock for 4 weeks... Just phoned round locally and they are ?75.50 each.. good price I thought!
I called all the local dealers, National Tyres said ?118 each or a special deal of ?220 for 2. When I laughed he said "but sir thats the fully fitted price".

?75.50 is a great price, I couldn't find them anywhere near that locally. Have you cancelled your etyres order ? I tried etyres at ?83.90 each mobile fitting, like you they couldn't supply quickly so I went cheaper, next day fitting with Blackcircles.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes, called Etyres and cancelled.

Wasnt impressed with E-Tyres, they told me the F1 was to be replaced my the goodyear excellence (see my other thread in wheels/tyres), which at first I believed.. Must just have said that because they had no stock, as I called Goodyear this morning.. Will be getting tyres fitted this week so will let you know if they made a mistake on the price..

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cheers Haddock,

I saw your other thread about the new Goodyear. It was another thread on this forum that made me realise how much can be saved on things like tyres. It makes you wonder how companies like Kwik Fit and National can charge such a high price and and stay in business. It must be fleet and corporate etc.

Before I read the other thread I was looking at cheaper brand tyres. When I had been quoted ?220 for 2 x F1's I thought thats too dear, then I finally got them for ?163, it's not too much more than a "no name tyre".

·
Registered
89 Posts
How come some of you are getting quoted such a high price

Thank you very much for your order
Your mytyres.co.uk Team http://www.mytyres.co.uk
Brand, Profile and Size: Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 205/55 R16 91W BSW No. of items: 4 price for one: 63.00 ?
------------------------------------------
Total VAT included: 252.00 ?

Total: 252.00 ?
Includes 17.5 % VAT = 37.53 ?

That was the cost of 4 tyres ! and my local friendly garage fitted and balanced the rims for nothing !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts