Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[:|]any one got any optimax near them? both my local garages have run dry! running ultimate now. read in paper today bout a fuel crisis! [*]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
same as norm here ..in romford area essex...........

mind you im off to cornwall tommorow night so need to fill up maybe i better go do that now .....just incase lol

where are you .......

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Northwich might be a little bit far to come for a tank of Optimax, you'd be empty by the time you got back home lol!! [:p]

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Beddie i could allways drive me van up, fill my cans up then take them home! except waterpumps now gone on van [:mad:]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
the 3 shells near me are all out been out for a few weeks iv had to go to texaco and use super unleaded.and only one in three had that stuff.....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There's plenty available at my local Shell down the road, i put a tenner in a couple of hours ago actually! [Y]

·
Registered
29 Posts
i filled up on optimax in Maidstone on Boxing Day, and all they had was Optimax. They'd run out of normal unleaded and diesel! Back home (Guildford) all stations seem to have it.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
There are rumours kicking about on a small fuel shortage in the south east due to Hemel Hempstead. Mind you, I live about 10 miles from Hemel and ive had no problems. But then again, I use diesel and i'm not aware of any "Performance" diesel. I'm not aware of anybody struggling.

But then i'm going back to Cornwall on friday and its always very sensible down there! No fussing about when a small rumour goes around regarding fuel!

Sean

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hmm... had to fill my van up this morning and the first garage was completely out of both diesel and super unleaded, the next was also out of super.... this was an Esso and Texaco garage in Cheshire...... [^o)]

Fella in the second garage where i filled up said they are having deliveries as normal and he doesn't know of any shortage looming...?

Steve

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Ditto, back on Tesco 99 as of this morning. It appears that Hawley and Longfield (those round by me know where they are I'm sure) are flat out. No ETA on a restock. Oh well, the 99's 2p cheaper anyway [:)]

Was gonna go back to it after the RR day at Awesome, but looks like I'm going back early. Can you get 99RON up in Manchester way near Awesome??

C

1 - 20 of 76 Posts