Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jedi
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i've had my Golf now for 7 years & only really done a few bits & pieces to it, including re-map, wheels, exhaust, panel filter & a few other bits.

One thing that I am now having second thoughts about are the headlights. I have Hella Celis headlights with a HID kit fitted. Sometimes I look at the front of the car & wonder if these headlights make the car look odd. I love the HIDs, but the im not sure if the Halo rings suit the way my car looks, as the rest of the car is very standard looking.

I had the old headlight in last week, while I was repairing my Hellas & im now wondering if it looked better with the original factory headlights in?

So;

1.) Keep the Hellas & HIDs?

OR

2.) Put the original headlights back in, with standard bulbs.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Dodger

I personaly like the Hellas & HIDs as they give the car a more beastly look but post a picture so i can get a better image of the car

Ismaiel

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Show us some before and after pics! I had a similar problem when I accidently broke one of my black FK angel eyes. Put the standard ones back in with better bulbs and loved it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
The standard units edge it for me, but if the Hellas out-perform the standards by a long way, I'd keep them in as there's not much difference looks-wise. The car looks great either way

·
Jedi
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, as some of you said, im already swaying towards the standard headlights, just not loving the Celis look anymore.

As Nizturbo said, i have been thinking about some R32 Xenons.

I have carried out a repair on my Celis lights, that included brighter LEDs, but the Halo rings themselves are actually dis-coloured, which is what is giving the yellow/green look to the rings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, as some of you said, im already swaying towards the standard headlights, just not loving the Celis look anymore.

As Nizturbo said, i have been thinking about some R32 Xenons or even some Anni standard headlights.

I have carried out a repair on my Celis lights, that included brighter LEDs, but the Halo rings themselves are actually dis-coloured, which is what is giving the yellow/green look to the rings.
Hey Dover

If you want to sell your golf projectors I would be intrested in buying them

Ismaiel

·
Registered
119 Posts

As Nizturbo said, i have been thinking about some R32 Xenons or even some Anni standard headlights.

Hey Dover

If you want to sell your golf projectors I would be intrested in buying them

Ismaiel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts