Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more.... (ignore the village idiot in the background - Dad playing silly buggers!) always spoils a half decent picture

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Hate to tell you, but that's not an anniversary spoiler or sideskirts. Are the skirts on backwards?

Nice shine in the second pic

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
As Cat says, they are not Anni skirts and you really need to change those lights, other than that OK, IMO.

Oh and tell yer dad to get his hair cut !!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Personally I think the rear lights really need to go, and the petrol filler cap cover. Otherwise I like it - the rims work really well.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I REALLY fUckED UP with the filler cap. what a dumb thing to do.

worst thing is that i had to drill holes for all the screws - so
there is no going back or can you buy new fuel filler cap door assembly
and replace it?

Rear lights are goning to go soon- Wife and Money dependant i'm
afraid! thinking of putting my old ones back in does evry one agree
that would look better?

steve

*Edited - please don't go around the swear filter, it's there for a reason*

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree that standard gti lights would look better. I like the skirts, tints and wheels, it looks good, but think you should look into changing the filler cap. Also consider delocking the doors.

Cheers

·
Registered
850 Posts
side skirts looks like the M3 replica's to me. As said above, rear
lights and fuel caps don't suit that car imo. I really like the wheels
tho[Y]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
RBBR = red black black red the colours of the light in that order (light the gti lights)

i think you should get some 18s though, i have some for sale [;)] lol

nice car

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeh I agree with the things that have already been said.

IMO.....

1. The wheels look good.

2. Would change the rear lights to something more subtle and lexusy (never been a fan of the lexus lights...sorry).

3. The front lights look good.

4. For some reason it look in photos 2 & 3 that you have the passenger side skirt on the wrong way round. I am sure its not my eye sight.....might be the way the photo has been taken [:cool:]

5. Yeh the petrol cap was one bit too far IMO but goes well with the rear lights [;)]

6. Like the front grill.

7. Front windows look a tad dark IMO. Also never been a fan of very dark driver/passenger window tints (plus I thought that was illegal now..!?). Lighter rear tints would be better IMO...less drug dealerish (he hides ready for a flaming). [:#]

Apart from that a nice work in progress fella

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeh I agree with the things that have already been said.

IMO.....

1. The wheels look good.

2. Would change the rear lights to something more subtle and lexusy (never been a fan of the lexus lights...sorry).

3. The front lights look good.

4. For some reason it look in photos 2 & 3 that you have the passenger side skirt on the wrong way round. I am sure its not my eye sight.....might be the way the photo has been taken [:cool:]

5. Yeh the petrol cap was one bit too far IMO but goes well with the rear lights [;)]

6. Like the front grill.

7. Front windows look a tad dark IMO. Also never been a fan of very dark driver/passenger window tints (plus I thought that was illegal now..!?). Lighter rear tints would be better IMO...less drug dealerish (he hides ready for a flaming). [:#]

Apart from that a nice work in progress fella

Thanks for the constructie critiscm! all taken on board!

really pleased with the wheels need a refurb soon though, looking every where of a way to change the Audi centre caps, but hiting a brick wall.

I will be taking the rear lights off this weekend, so if any one wants to grab a bargain check out e-bay soon. LOL

The windows only look Dark in certain light, most of the time they look a lot lighter till it is a realy sunny day, then they do look dark (suppose that is the whole point of tints-keep things cooler)

Looking at my options on how to sort out the petrol cap and toying woth de locking too!

Happy Easter y'all!

steveo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts