Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I voted for the GTI rims - they are Montreal IIs, the RS4 rims are a bit common, and now looking a bit dated every geezer has got them.

The Monty IIs are a classic rim and if you want to leave the car looking standard they look good.

If pushed I would go for another set of BBS rims, like the Anni ones I think they are BBS CHs (I'm sure someone knows)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I voted for the RS4's. Although they may be common they still are a very nice, clean design. They're a bit old hat now though, but they just have more visual impact than the Montreal II's, because of the size difference.

@chris
I think the anniversary rims are BBS RC's, but don't quote me on it. They are a splendid set of wheels, and if my budget could stretch that far I'd have them on my Golf.

·
Registered
206 Posts
RS4 but I am biased!

What tyres are on the other ones?

The RS4's weigh a tonne! 22.5kg compared to 15kg for my standard 15" ones! So that's an extra 30kg on the car and a 15kg extra rotational mass that needs accelerating!

Then there's the increase in sprung mass, the increase in grip and decrease in body roll makes it handle better but it feels all heavy not as nimble when going into corners!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Voted RS4's

Maybe common but a timeless elegant design. Much like any classic design eg Audi TT. Market maybe flooded and everyone seems to have one...but still no arguing that the it is a design classic just like the RS4. Infact I can't think of any rim that suits almost any VAG car as much as the RS4's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I voted Montreals, but they are probably, since Ive been looking more common. RS4 look lovely but too heavy, I just bought Montreals and they are a nice compromise of looks with great ride and not heavy

·
Registered
366 Posts
The monty 2's would get my vote, not really fair comparison as they are different sizes!

Not keen on RS4's far too popular, and if they are to large they look like cart wheels IMO!!

RS4 owners, please dont hurt me!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts