Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys.....after my recent encounter with a rather deep & nasty pothole at the weekend I need to file a claim against the council so I need to make my mind up as to what wheels get prices on. Masitaly went bust a couple of years ago so theres no hope in getting the wheels I have again unfortunately!!! So I'll need to get 4 completely new ones.....shame eh!! [;)]

What do people think out of the following - I am brave enough to go for Black with polished lip incase you hadnt noticed! LOL! [H]

Posted Image

Kei Kruze Gloss Black - Polished Lip

Posted Image

Wolfrace Kendo Black - Polished Lip

Posted Image

Wolfrace Octane Black - Polished Lip

Posted Image

I was also looking at these Axis Spiders but apparently the company who used to import them have gone bust!!

Or do I go with something similar to what I have now....

Posted Image

Titan Racing Styx

Posted Image

TG Diva Hyper Silver

Heres a pic of my car if it helps form opinions!!!
Posted Image

If anyone else has got any other ideas shout now!!! [:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'd go with the second set out of those lot mate [:D]

But if your feeling flush you can't go wrong with some BBS LM's....[;)]

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've been looking at a set of those Axis rims, but decided they werent
100% to my liking, and im fussy! Out of that s election, i reckon the
first one looks the best!

Peter

·
Registered
267 Posts
just my two pennies worth,after having bought keskin kt-5 wheels with pretend bolts,i would avoid them like the plauqe..the chrome coating has come off mine and now they`ve all gone very furry looking..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right then......really not having much if any luck with getting prices & estimates for my top two choices.....

Wolfrace Kendo Black.......cant get them in 18" [:'(]

Kei Kruze.....only available in 18x7.5"....and I'm after 8.5"

Any more suggestions.....I'm really into the black/polished lip effect!!! HELP ME!!!! [:S]

·
Registered
15 Posts
was also looking at these Axis Spiders but apparently the company who used to import them have gone bust!!

Is that Gap security, I enquired about the Supermesh wheel and had no response, maybe that's why then ( they would look cool on your Bora!).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
www.amercianwheels.co.uk list the Axis Spyder for sale. You may wish to contact them if interested.

These are also a similar style to what you are after. Konig E-Racer:

Posted Image

Personally, I prefer the ASA AR1's with black centre's over and above any of the choiced listed above. Here they are in 19" on cage's ride:

Posted Image

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one fellas......theres gotta be one out of those lot thats available in the size etc that I want!!! [y]

I was thinking of getting Ace 132s & having the centres sprayed gloss black as a backup option!!! [;)]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slight update....

Konig E-Racers - only available in 18x7.5!! [:(]

Although I did find these beauties......

Posted Image

Konig Imagine High Gloss Black [:D][:D]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right then.....I have an update!!!!

Because I'm always absolutely tooo bloody busy & some companies are awful at getting back to me with the correct information re: sizes & prices....I'm still chasing quotes for wheels to send off with the letter of complaint to the council!!!!

Sooooooo.....I've just ordered my wheels today because I need them because a.) in the past 6 weeks whilst my spare has been on the tracking has been needed to be done & its worn the outside edge to baldess so rather than buy a new tyre, get a 4 wheel alignment, then buy the wheels & then have the re-alignment done again when I've fitted them...I thought...what the heck...get em bought....oh & b.) I'm getting sick of my Bora looking all 3 alloy legged & sorry for itself.....

So what wheels did I opt for in the end.......

Non of the above - as non of them came in the correct widths, sizes etc I wanted........soooooooooo

I chose the Rial....

Nogaros!!!! Got them for a good price too I think!!!

Posted Image

8x18s for the front & 9x18s for the rear!!!! [H][H]

Should get them next week!!!! Cant bloody wait! [:D][:D]

·
Registered
458 Posts
Please post some pics when fitted, as i'm looking for some new wheels for my Bora and quite like the look of these.

Ian

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Niknak.....will do mate!!!

Comments.....anyone else or have a made a serious modding error by ordering these????? [:(][:(]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts