Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am currently looking into replacing the bonnet on my 2000 w-reg bora as it was damaged beond repair over christmas, av been getting some quotes for the work but they are coming back stupidly expensive for what the car is worth (close to £1000, this includes a small repair to the osf wing), as its £200 alone for a oem bonnet

Anyway my question was is it worth getting an oem bonnet brand new, a secondhand oem bonnet from a scrap yard or get a pattern part one?

Ive had no dealings with pattern parts but have heard how bad fitting they are but would this be the case with a bonnet, not a lot that you can really get wrong with a bonnet. (would like to hear if anyone has had any experience with them)

Thanks

Paul

If you know anyone selling a satin silver bora bonnet pm me plz

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
get a used one if you can, they are alot better than pattern parts,

if your shy on cash, then run it rat look haha, paint wise your going to need to blend the colour so £200 to paint the bonnet and wings sadly

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think thats gonna be the way forward just to find a decent enough second hand one, there seems to be plenty golf ones out there but not many bora ones. its the small dent in the wing that annoys me more than the bonnet as the paint hasnt spilt on the bonnet. may even just get the wing repaired for now as funds are extremly tight, due to buying my first house

1 - 4 of 4 Posts