Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 02 plate 1.9 S TDI At the beginning of december my dashboard warning light said a door was open when all were firmly closed. The problem was in the front passenger door so, as it is due for a service at the end of this month I took out the bulb in the puddle light and turned all the courtesy lights off. The problem appears to be the microswitches in the front passenger door lock(according to this website).

Now a new problem has arisen, I can open and close all the electric windows from the driver's master control, but the rear windows won't work from their own switches.

Does anyone have any answers? Are the 2 problems connected or are they separate?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Could there be a problem with the child lock switch? I had a similar problem and gave it a wiggle and now it's all good :) Ollie
Possibly,they get dirt under the contacts as they're not sealed at all.Taking it apart (a few small screws and don't forget the one under the label) and making sure it's perrfectly clean inside normally works wonnders.

Chris.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Before you disconnect the battery just make sure you have your radio code etc.
And that you know how to program the window switches :)

Ollie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello.

Sorted the windows. The child lock switch had stuck half down, all cleared now.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem with the door open indicator is an integral electric module in the front passenger window motor. The motor itself is fine but the module is faulty and is not repairable or independently replacable. The motor is £187 plus fitting which is ridiculous just to get a warning signal to go out. Appreciate that parts do go wrong but you wouldn't design a headlamp where the whole unit had to be replaced if the bulb blew, would you? Sorry everyone just needed a moan

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
The problem with the door open indicator is an integral electric module in the front passenger window motor. The motor itself is fine but the module is faulty and is not repairable or independently replacable. The motor is £187 plus fitting which is ridiculous just to get a warning signal to go out. Appreciate that parts do go wrong but you wouldn't design a headlamp where the whole unit had to be replaced if the bulb blew, would you? Sorry everyone just needed a moan
It's incredibly rare to have problems with those modules,in fact so rare in all the wiork I do on VWs I've never had to replace one.

Chris.

·
Registered
461 Posts
if yours is 5 door, unless they put the price up in the last 2 weeks passenger front motor isnt £187 its 99+vat (not much better i know) part number is 6x2837013c

follow guides on here and you can fit it yourself for free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts