Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if one-touch down/up should work on the passenger side window?

Doesn't seem to be doing on our Anniversary.

If it should, anyone know how to activate it with VAG-COM?

Cheers

AL

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yes it should work.  It does not need VAG-COM.  Just wind the windows up and down a few times holding the button down at a few seconds when the window hits the fullest extent.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Milkfloat, but I have tried that. I had to do a similar thing on my S3 after disconnecting the battery. But this hasn't worked on the Golf.

Perhaps I should disconnect the battery on the Golf, perhaps resetting the ECU.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys,

Was lacking a bit of information in my initial post. One-touch works for both windows from drivers side controls. What doesn't work is one touch passenger side window, from passenger side button.

Is this a feature?

AL

·
Registered
832 Posts
I concur with whiteboy & Baker21. [:D]
Yeah thats right beacuse the passenger switch only has on click for up and down, drives side has two and the last click is one touch, the first is till you let go of the button.

Well that makes sense to me anyway lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. [:D]

p#$$-poor though isn't it? Why would VW not install functionality like that on a car as classy as the GTi anniversary? It's a small niggle I guess, but frustrating. Just makes you ask "why"?!!

So is it a limitation of the electric window switch on the passenger side or is it something that can be switched on with VAG-COM?

Which golf's have one-touch on the passenger side?

Cheers

AL

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thanks guys. [:D]

p#$$-poor though isn't it? Why would VW not install functionality like that on a car as classy as the GTi anniversary? It's a small niggle I guess, but frustrating. Just makes you ask "why"?!!

So is it a limitation of the electric window switch on the passenger side or is it something that can be switched on with VAG-COM?

Which golf's have one-touch on the passenger side?

Cheers

AL
Its a limitation due to the switch mate and as far as i know they all have the same switch!

Cant see why VW would go to all the trouble of changing the wiring loom and switch mounts just for one model of car

·
Registered
586 Posts
Also I think the whole idea of it to begin with was to allow you to put the windows up/down without having your hand off the wheel for too long hence remaining in full control of the car. The passenger obviously doesn't have this problem therefore doesn't need the one touch functionality.

I may be way off the mark so feel free to tell me.
Paul

·
Registered
832 Posts
Also I think the whole idea of it to begin with was to allow you to put the windows up/down without having your hand off the wheel for too long hence remaining in full control of the car. The passenger obviously doesn't have this problem therefore doesn't need the one touch functionality.

I may be way off the mark so feel free to tell me.
Paul
Na its a good point mate, also think its for the lazy Americans who cant be bothered to keep the switched pressed down ! [H] lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehehe [:)] Never looked at it that way.

So are we saying, even on a top of the range R32, the passenger switch does not have one-touch?

I know its just a small, trivial, niggle - but its laughable isn't it. Ahhh well, never mind. VW's wisdom eh?

AL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Or even....could you fit the passenger switch (or at least the electronics bit, not the button itself) from an Audi A3 1.8T / S3 ? They have one-touch operation.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can't see any reason why you can't fit a switch from the drivers side to the passenger switch since the window motor is already capable of One Touch function.

No wait a second the switches in the drivers side are different to the passenger one so it would not fit in the door panel, maybe one fro an Audi then will work!!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
clarifiication on this would be excellent.........cos if its right.........then down the audi garages we all go!!!!!

(i just remembered to that the switches are near the tweeter, not on the in door arm rest like the drivers side....my bad)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts