Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The body earthing strap failed last night, therefore i lost all electricity in the car. Got it sorted by the VW recovery (top job!) but have noticed that the one touch window operation is no longer working.

Only the other day i'm sure i saw something where you can reprogram it. Does anyone have a set of instructions or know how to do this please?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote: posted by tophuh on 11/01/2005 09:24:26

Im sure it resets itself after you turn the ignition on/off a few times ? Did for me anyway !

Nope thats been done quite a few times and it still not working.

I'm certain i read something that involved a combination of turns with the key in the lock. I tried searching, can't find it again.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
You can close the windows by turning the key & holding it in place for a few seconds, but you cant close them from the remote, unless you've fitted an Autowindow module, cost about 60quid from Awesome.

But amazingly, I have one for sale, brand new & unused, with full instructions etc etc, yours for 45quid [:D]

PM me If your interested

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Jace, he's talking about opening and closing the windows with one touch on the door/window switch which needs to be reset when the battery has been disconnected. I think the correct procedure does involve using the key though I'm not sure how. I've always just fully opened then fully closed the windows with the ignition on which works on mine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by PJ on 11/01/2005 09:38:34

Jace, he's talking about opening and closing the windows with one touch on the door/window switch which needs to be reset when the battery has been disconnected. I think the correct procedure does involve using the key though I'm not sure how. I've always just fully opened then fully closed the windows with the ignition on which works on mine.

Quote: posted by Milkfloat on 11/01/2005 09:58:35

Agree with PJ, you just need to move the window all the way down and up a couple of times for it to relearn.

Yup thats what i mean - i'll give it a go. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 11/01/2005 09:29:45

you cant close them from the remote, unless you've fitted an Autowindow module, cost about 60quid from Awesome.

Are you sure about that? My '00 GIT used to close all windows and sunroof when locking with the remote.

The functionality got disabled when the battery was disconnected and I haven't been able to get it to work again even after doing the key turn combination.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by Raven on 11/01/2005 17:59:02

Quote: posted by Jace on 11/01/2005 09:29:45

you cant close them from the remote, unless you've fitted an Autowindow module, cost about 60quid from Awesome.

Are you sure about that? My '00 GIT used to close all windows and sunroof when locking with the remote.

The functionality got disabled when the battery was disconnected and I haven't been able to get it to work again even after doing the key turn combination.

Is this available via VAG-COM?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
AutoWindow is good bit of kit, though it probably doesn't get used much in the UK in winter. Was one of the early mods I did and I just could not live without it. Have had excellent support from Scott in Canada too.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Well I did what I could for you Jase! Seriously though, don't know anything about the other product but what I like about AutoWindow is that I have a direct line to the developer who's willing to answer questions, deal with any problems quickly and intelligently and offers assistance with one-off things like interfacing a rain sensor to his window controller. Top notch in my book.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by efrancis on 11/01/2005 09:27:06

Quote: posted by tophuh on 11/01/2005 09:24:26

Im sure it resets itself after you turn the ignition on/off a few times ? Did for me anyway !

Nope thats been done quite a few times and it still not working.

I'm certain i read something that involved a combination of turns with the key in the lock. I tried searching, can't find it again.

I eat my words! Got in the car last night and it was working perfectly!

Seems it just "learns" after a while? Considering how complicated some things are with the Golf and Bora, this is just to easy! No complaining though [^]

·
Registered
86 Posts
with my old golf, to reset the one touch, I had to close the window fully, then attempt to close it even more ....ie push the switch as if the window was down. The window obviously didnt move any further as it was fully shut...however there was a clicking noise (best description i can think of!!) The one touch facility was then back... I know this method works for most other cars as I had done this on my Astra also...

·
Registered
579 Posts
tells you in the manual how to get it working again.says lock the car from the outside using the key in the door lock making sure that all the windows are up,unlock then lock again using the door lock making sure you hold the key in locked position for at least 1 second.also says if there is a fault the lights in the doors will flash for 15 seconds.tells you in the controls and equipment manual page 43.hope that helps

1 - 20 of 20 Posts