Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....so bear with me!

Posted Image

Quite happy with that. More to come, had a truly fantastic time.

It's a lilac crested roller, if you're interested.

Tony

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Welcome back Tony. Hopefully you had a great holiday.

Cracking picture by the way. Hoping to see some more of them soon. Be sure to put them in the new photo part of the Lounge mate [:)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
As always Tony, absolutely superb !  I even thought to myself over the weekend, trl must be back sometime soon with some pictures !

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry I haven;t replied up til now..... been at work for the first time since August 2nd! Not an easy day, as you can appreciate.

Ok, that pic was with my EOS 20D with lowly Tamron 28-300mm giving approx. 44-480mm in 35mm slr format.

We were in the Selous reserve in Tanzania for 6 nights and then Zanzibar for 5 nights.

More pics will be posted later when I find the photos thread!

Thanks for the encouraging comments....

Tony

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aha, my thread is already in the photos room!

Here we go then. I spotted the leopard even before the Maasi guide did. I had to be very quick with the camera and couldn't really adjust the settings to my liking. Not bad though.

Posted Image

The Maasi giraffe found in the Selous really were something special. This evening shot is a bit of a fave of mine:

Posted Image

Loads and loads of zebra and wildebeast. The wildebeest are quite stupid, and are nicknamed 'God's extras' as all they seem to do is provide food for the lions!

Posted Image

A close encounter with a lion. Not the scariest. I'll tell you about that later!

Posted Image

Tony

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's another roller. I'm quite shocked at the quality of this one, considering the lens. The bird is on a dead ebony tree.

Posted Image

Tony

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How about this for a small frog!? This is a fully grown adult, and the leaf it's on is a bit larger than an oak leaf.....

Posted Image

Tony

1 - 20 of 35 Posts