In a word.........No

Why...............Because we are misearable bar stewards

PS do you think you can win?
LOL @ the responses so far.

We'll get through to the second round - at least we should! After that
it gets harder... I wouldn't be surprised to see us out in the second
round OR I wouldn't be surprised to see us go all the way. We have a
great squad but we don't play a good team game. Our success will be
down to a few key players, or maybe just one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
no chance id rather have my balls put in a vice.even the thought of it sends shivers down my spine.its not the team its the way the media say you can win already.are you hoping brasil get lost on the way there.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
In a word.........No

Why...............Because of the commentators, media hype and the fact that even if Scotland got through, and did well or better than England, England would still be given more air time, biased support and all the usual hype. Plus, us Scot's don't want to be associating with hooligans now do we?! [:p]

Being honest, (and I am sure my fellow Scots would back me on this one), if it was not for the "British" press, English ignorance and arrogance, us Scots would probably support England.

As it is though, can you imagine if England won how 1966 and 2006 would be repeated for evermore in the papers, BBC, and can you imagine the smugness of Lineker, Wright and company?! Not worth thinking about - too scary!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In a word.........No

Why...............Because of the commentators, media hype and the fact that even if Scotland got through, and did well or better than England, England would still be given more air time, biased support and all the usual hype. Plus, us Scot's don't want to be associating with hooligans now do we?! [:p]

Being honest, (and I am sure my fellow Scots would back me on this one), if it was not for the "British" press, English ignorance and arrogance, us Scots would probably support England.

As it is though, can you imagine if England won how 1966 and 2006 would be repeated for evermore in the papers, BBC, and can you imagine the smugness of Lineker, Wright and company?! Not worth thinking about - too scary!!
Oh man! I'd forgotten that we were going to get to enjoy all those clips from 1966. What a great year. It takes me right back (even if I was born ten years after...).

If we do well, I am sure you Scots will all be joining in with the cheering. You might as well anyway 'cos it's going to get quite noisy south of the border....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bet we wont.........its one of the best feelings in the world when England get gubbed

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bet we wont.........its one of the best feelings in the world when England get gubbed
How come? What makes it such a good feeling...?

·
Registered
674 Posts
pmsl - cant be half as good as watching Scotland not qualify (again) for a major event though...

On a serious note to my now not so friendly friends North of the border/wall - Ive been having a good chat with my football mates about the old Home Nations Cup (which I think you still hold dont you?).....Now Im all for it again, would be good for all 4 teams to actually play each other and for the fans too......but what do the Scots think? My welsh mate said they would be there just to make up the numbers but least would get some points from the Scots, my scotish mate said it would be good to maybe beat the english, and my english premiership team supporting mates said the fixtures list was already overloaded...

I would love to see it once every 2 years (in between the World Cup and the Euro Championship).....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting that cup started up again, it's not as though us scots would go into the competition with any expectations.

I think the FAs are too scared of violence kicking off again.

I do have fond memories of Scotlands last game at wembley though [:p]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
it's not as though us scots would go into the competition with any expectations.
Unlike south of the border[:p]

Would be good to get it started, & all this about fixture congestion is a joke. Players out there getting payed 40k-120k a week, 2-3 hours training per day, rest of the day off, then 1 1/2 hours on a Saturday, & occasionally a Wednesday, & they have the cheek to moan[:mad:]

Wonder how many of them could last in a 9-5 job. In fact, wonder how many could actual manage to get themselves a 9-5 job if they werent footballers.........

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yeah, I remember that last game at Wembley. I remember the bloke sitting on top of the goal and it collapsing on him!

We have played you since though with no trouble - Euro 96 was actually the last time we played you at Wembley - Gazza scored probably THE greatest goal ever scored on the "halo'ed" turf! - I was at that game and sitting with a load of scots - no trouble at all, we were actually sharing the booze we had smuggled in between us all. God some of that Malt is lethal!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah, I remember that last game at Wembley. I remember the bloke sitting on top of the goal and it collapsing on him!

We have played you since though with no trouble - Euro 96 was actually the last time we played you at Wembley - Gazza scored probably THE greatest goal ever scored on the "halo'ed" turf! - I was at that game and sitting with a load of scots - no trouble at all, we were actually sharing the booze we had smuggled in between us all. God some of that Malt is lethal!
keep dreaming [;)] I'm talking about the game in 1999 (which was the last time the two teams have met) it was supposed to be the last ever game at the old wembley but they played another because Scotland won 1-0

1 - 20 of 31 Posts