Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...which is the 2 litre Mondeo and which is the 1.6/1.8, and more importantly how can you tell.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
"..........and more importantly how can you tell....." Oh for Pete's sake! Why would I want to!!??

Hee hee, you're either really testing me or you are taking the pea out of F**ds!

Tony

ps. I haven't a clue!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PS - The answer will make the distinction between the two and it is not to do with trim or optional/factory fitted extras.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Ones silver, the other is red, 1.6's or 2l's didnt come in one of those colours...

One has the exhaust showing, cant see in the pic if the other does.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Correct answer Tony but why?! That was the real question [:D]

PS - There was an answer earlier about exhausts which is not a million miles off the mark.....

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Also the silver one appears to have factory tinted glass, the red one
does not. And the silver one has the exhaust at the opposite side from
the red one.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct! The exhaust on the 1.6/1.8 and 1.8TD exited from the left side of the car as you look at it from the rear, and the 2.0 and 2.5V6 exited from the right as you look at it from the rear [:D]

The 2.0 is the Blue car....

·
Registered
670 Posts
Correct! The exhaust on the 1.6/1.8 and 1.8TD exited from the left side of the car as you look at it from the rear, and the 2.0 and 2.5V6 exited from the right as you look at it from the rear [:D]

The 2.0 is the Blue car....
Blue car!? I thought it was red or silver

I mean honestly guys, what are you on about? I almost fell asleep reading this post? sorry [:p]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought it was light blue [:D]

The post was entitled one for trl dude - sorry you almost fell asleep reading it [:p]

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry m8, after reading it back i sound a bit harsh. Just meant it was a really off the wall topic that made me think - "what the..?"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts