Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we have a slight diffrence in TASTE[8-|]

we have an AUDI A6 2.6 V6 ESTATE 1994 C4,The audi 100 shape not the new shape and it is in need of some new wheels and we are having a problem with choosing them[:^)]

On one hand there is me who likes these and will give the car a look that will take tha AGE out of the look and just enhance the looks a great deal

[{]I think 8.5 X 19 for the rear and 8 X 18 for the front[}]

Posted Image

On the other hand my wife wants to put something like this on the car[:^)]

Posted Image

So get her indoors to have a look and see what sh thinks[:D]

Andy

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just cant help but think that the RS6 wheels on an older car will maket look a little odd

but the deep dish ones will give it a little EXTRA to set the car off and not just be ANOTHER AUDI WITH RS6 WHEELS

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I agree with you mate, think my missus would as well, she likes the multi spokes from what I gather.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Although she isn't my wife my long term gf has chosen.

The decision is.......... The first ones! so she agrees with you.

The reason tho because there shiny[:^)]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know it is not a new car anymore but is mint and i only give 1500 quid for it witha all the extrs

xenon?s auto aircon electric windows and heated mirrors the full works[Y]

i hate to think what the car costed new and i just look at it this way if i try and put COPPY RS6?s on a 2.2 TON car, the firast pot hole will finish them[:|]

But she does not see the point in putting "bling" wheels on an old car and likes the thicker spoke rims

if you have any pic?s of deep dish rims with thicker spokes PLEASE PLEASE post them up

an i hope to find a comprmise

OR let her do what she wants and have the outlaw rims for the GOLF LOL

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Neither from this camp and I agree.

The Rs6's I think will look, the tops ones are too modern for the shape of the car. But each to otheir own.

J.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
the 1st choice looks great mate. would make it look like fat and evil. but id stick ti 18's or 19's front and back not differant sizes front and rear. also the rs6's are ok for a OEM look..but im with you..

gray

·
Registered
878 Posts
star_50ph wrote the following post at 11 Jan 2007 3:59 PM:

I have no idea about fitments but i was thinking bout something like these

http://www.srbpower.com/ultralite-wheels/WP-784-TWIN-5/default.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are spanking GORGEOUS[:p]...... if not those, then the 1st choice.

I agree, newer OEM wheels on an older model is crappy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts