Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 11/02/2005 21:17:30

Ive just bid on that set .... my luck theyl cost me 20 quid my father in law is a stainless steel sheet metal worker he is going to hack mine round for me so job done!

Poor wayne... u jumped in first!!! We will have to help him sort his!!![:D] No doubt the guy has yet another set waiting to sell... I think he raided audis skip!!!!

All sounds good... was thinking raj, if I do both arms, ie slot the uppers the other way, I should be able to get a bit extra adjustment shouldnt I?

Oh and did you move yours exactly 4mm in? How much has this adjusted the camber by?

cheers, M[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 12/02/2005 00:05:10

Im sure ill have some leftovers, and I may even throw some your way possibly modified if you like

lol I take it u mean wayne... likewise, will try and help him sort summmit.[:D]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 11/02/2005 23:43:23

Ive just bid on that set .... my luck theyl cost me 20 quid my father in law is a stainless steel sheet metal worker he is going to hack mine round for me so job done!

Poor wayne... u jumped in first!!! We will have to help him sort his!!![:D] No doubt the guy has yet another set waiting to sell... I think he raided audis skip!!!!

All sounds good... was thinking raj, if I do both arms, ie slot the uppers the other way, I should be able to get a bit extra adjustment shouldnt I?

Oh and did you move yours exactly 4mm in? How much has this adjusted the camber by?

homer i think doing a little on top and bottom will be a good thing. it mean there will be more than enough adjustment.

im not sure what the calculation are but in my situation i had differnent set of arms top and bottom, so there was 2.5mm in them.

so i took the sorter arm of the two new ones and reduced them further by another 3.5 mm so in total i have brought the lower arm in buy 6mm.

i suppose i should have had my rear camber messured first but i did a CAD model instead and worked out that i needed to reduce the angel buy 1 degree and these are the measures it woked out to.

i can do a model for anyone if they wish, just get me your dims and i will set it up. although i do not want to be resposable if it wrong[B)]

i would need the the lengths of the arms and the drop of the suspension also the camber as it stands and the distance between the outer fixing points and inner fixing points. all this has to be to the 0.5 mm though!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 12/02/2005 00:05:10

Im sure ill have some leftovers, and I may even throw some your way possibly modified if you like

All modified 'arms' would be most gratefully received[;)] My drop is 35mm, I do have the exact camber measurements and will post them later when I get home[B)]

In the mean time I'll just wait and hang slack[:eek:)] I am sure the guy on ebay will have another set[?]

All in all though it seems a damn site cheaper than the 'adjustable ones'[:D]

Cheers guys for ya help[^]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
i hav just noticed the etka sheet shown on this thread also shows the lower arms with the notches cut out also

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by RAJ20VT on 12/02/2005 07:33:10

Quote: posted by evilhomer on 11/02/2005 23:43:23

homer i think doing a little on top and bottom will be a good thing. it mean there will be more than enough adjustment.

im not sure what the calculation are but in my situation i had differnent set of arms top and bottom, so there was 2.5mm in them.

so i took the sorter arm of the two new ones and reduced them further by another 3.5 mm so in total i have brought the lower arm in buy 6mm.

i suppose i should have had my rear camber messured first but i did a CAD model instead and worked out that i needed to reduce the angel buy 1 degree and these are the measures it woked out to.

i can do a model for anyone if they wish, just get me your dims and i will set it up. although i do not want to be resposable if it wrong[B)]

i would need the the lengths of the arms and the drop of the suspension also the camber as it stands and the distance between the outer fixing points and inner fixing points. all this has to be to the 0.5 mm though!

Deffo take you up on the measurements thing bud. I'll get them to u asap. [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Kin Ell Only just received mine Blinkin Post office lost em!!!

Now opened them and there is five in the box Bonus, now the tops and bottoms are very different, they seem to be the same length but one of them appears too have a slotted hole rather than a perfectly round one. they also have a much thicker wall thicknes than I expected.

I am going to ask My father in law to see if he can make My fifth spare one adjustable

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Managed to get myself a rather cool bit of software[;)][;)][:D] and have a looky at this
Posted Image

clearly mentions the elongated holes for camber adjustment, thinks I better get a set, being as it's the approved method from VAG!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by a8wpg on 21/03/2005 22:24:40

Managed to get myself a rather cool bit of software[;)][;)][:D] and have a looky at this
Posted Image

clearly mentions the elongated holes for camber adjustment, thinks I better get a set, being as it's the approved method from VAG!

Wayne, where can I get this software to peruse!!! [;)] Good price paid obviously[:D] pm sent!!![:D]

·
Registered
628 Posts
does anyone have part numbers for the ajustable slotted arm type found on =>2003 models and will they fit my 2000 4mo?

price also would be good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote: posted by JonJon on 22/03/2005 01:15:33

does anyone have part numbers for the ajustable slotted arm type found on =>2003 models and will they fit my 2000 4mo?

price also would be good.

I have been onto my VAG dealer..

and got part numbers

1J0 505 323 E 'TRACK CONTROL ARM LOWER'

1J0 505 323 G 'TRACK CONTROL ARM UPPER'

1J0 505 323 F 'TRACK CONTROL ARM FOR HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION UPPER'

1J0 505 323 G 'TRACK CONTROL ARM FOR HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION LOWER'

I am guessing heavy duty is for estate models?

Can anybody shed any more light on this,are they all slotted 4 adjustment?

Could I fit (benefit) from Heavy Duty Suspension arms??

·
Registered
628 Posts
thanks for the part numbers chaddy v6

does anyone know the correct camber settings and does wheel size make a difference?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote: posted by JonJon on 24/03/2005 11:37:12

does anyone know the correct camber settings and does wheel size make a difference?

Hey np, BUT still need to confirm there are slotted..as parts guy counld't tell me (Not shown on ETKA diag)

They probally are but how much is required per degree thing??

It does say 'slight adjustment'

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Chaddy_V6 on 24/03/2005 11:43:39

Quote: posted by JonJon on 24/03/2005 11:37:12

Hey np, BUT still need to confirm there are slotted..as parts guy counld't tell me (Not shown on ETKA diag)

They probally are but how much is required per degree thing??

It does say 'slight adjustment'

Pretty certain they ARENT slotted fella. What year is your golf?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,

huh ok,but why does the service document image say 2003 onwards are slightly adjustable?

My car is a 2001 but part numbers on ETKA are the same for 2003/4 years.

Chaddy

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Chaddy_V6 on 24/03/2005 15:39:34

Hi,

huh ok,but why does the service document image say 2003 onwards are slightly adjustable?

My car is a 2001 but part numbers on ETKA are the same for 2003/4 years.

Chaddy

Get your chassis number put in on etka and you may find you dont specifically have the part numbers you have listed above. Mine is a 2001 car, which is 2002 spec, and I have 4 identical arms (Upper and lower are all 1J0 505 323L) Its something a few of us, as you can see on the thread have gone to great lengths to sort!! I have a set that I got on ebay that I am going to get slotted and plated shortly. (I got em for ?16!! brand new genuine parts.. have a look further up the thread.. you may find the guy is still selling them on ebay??!!)

M[:D]

61 - 80 of 80 Posts