Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Looking good so far[Y] Would'nt have the balls to attempt anything like that...so hats off to you.

Keep us posted!

GOOF

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, she's coming along nicely......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more pic's to follow !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
You've got some big kahunas to do all the work yourself.. what will the colour look like when you've finished?? maybe a taster is in order [:p]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
861 Posts
looking great. really wish i knew someone who had the ability to do the same on my car.

my boot handle is corroded and its the excuse i need to get it smoothed but i cant find anyone skilled enough to do a 1st class job.

keep posting the pics :)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
noticed they've gone over the 'golf' lettering etc, is that necessary, didn't think there was a lip or indent at all? i want to take off the lettering on the back, but i don't want to have the boot filled and sprayed! was hoping they could be taken off and given a good clean to take off the collected grime.

·
Registered
527 Posts
its going to look super smooth and clean! looking forward to seeing the colour.

Rststevo; you can remove the lettering with a credit card quite easily by sliding behind it. After taking the glue off (hot water helps) give it a good polish and there are no marks left.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Looking good so far! Cant wait to see the full finished product! Going to look nice and smooth once youve finished!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
This looks like a very promising project, looking forward to seeing the end result.

One observation though, lose the roof spoiler, IMO they detract from the cars clean smooth lines.

·
Registered
555 Posts
rststevo: you can remove the letters - there is no indentation. Sometimes you may need to polish the area a little because the letters are still visible because of dirt. I've done it and you can't tell.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts