Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Good looking car that goes like stink and handles like it's on rails!

but...

It's a Ford and it's still a Focus.

EDIT: Also, every Barryboys dream car![:D]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 21/12/2004 18:38:34

handles like it's on rails!

But only on the track, on UK roads it handles like someone else is in control.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Love em... look stunning, absolutely rapid, and handle exceptional.

If the prices had been decent when i was looking around, i would've had one. Don't give a toss about the interior, it's a cracking car.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I liked the interior apart from the steering wheel and I think the exterior looks are fantastic, better than the R32 IMHO.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Quote: posted by EddyH on 21/12/2004 18:43:22

Keep hearing that... it seems to have stemmed from one or two disapproving journalists. Wish says that he never found a problem with his, i have an ex-workmate who has had his since early this year and he loves it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by Chris on 21/12/2004 18:50:52

Quote: posted by EddyH on 21/12/2004 18:43:22

Keep hearing that... it seems to have stemmed from one or two disapproving journalists. Wish says that he never found a problem with his, i have an ex-workmate who has had his since early this year and he loves it.

I know someone who thought it didn't happen on their's, then one day on a bumpy NSL road it pulled onto the other side of the road causing a collision.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I like it and would consider it aswell as an r32 BUT i only comes with three dors and I had enough torques steer with my HONDA R

·
Registered
574 Posts
I cant stand FORDS full stop!

I think they did exceptionally well with the GT40, but thats it!

Think they are all just aload of metal and cheap plastic thrown together!

I mean the dash is just appaulling on the Focus, it looks like CACK! And for me every part of the car is important, if your gonna be sitting in it for a long time, its gotta be appealling!

But all that aside i like the look of the car from the outside, much better than the lower spec models, and the Blue colour they do is fantastic! And its a good car performance wise, im not knocking that at all!

But its just not my cup of tea, sorry! [2 shillings worth]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have a feeling though if you were driving it i doubt you would be thinking of the cheap dash!

they seem to be one of the most reliable cars on the road, the Focus. if its quick, great handling etc and looks good, reliable doesnt matter about the ford badge then.

thinking of getting a second car along side my Golf van and not sure what to get but the RS is very tempting.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Quote: posted by micky 32 on 21/12/2004 23:35:51

i have a feeling though if you were driving it i doubt you would be thinking of the cheap dash!

they seem to be one of the most reliable cars on the road, the Focus. if its quick, great handling etc and looks good, reliable doesnt matter about the ford badge then.

thinking of getting a second car along side my Golf van and not sure what to get but the RS is very tempting.

Spot on.

The interior matters to you for about a week when people are getting into your car for the first time - after that, you spend your time driving, not admiring the plastics... i personally dont give a stuff what the dash in my car is like!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'd have one for sure. Serious road presence and yes it can be a little Mr Hyde at times but i think thats half of the attraction, taming the beast.

I'd love one [:)]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not too bad of a price, i know the golf has bad handling etc, but is the RS gonna feel much quicker than a tuned PD golf? is it worth going for twice the fuel consumption if its only gonna feel a little quicker? id say the RS would score over the 100mph mark, up to that id say there wouldnt be much in it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts