Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since winmx has decided to shut up shop I was wondering what other P2P people use? I know Kazaa is popular but I cant live with the spyware.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Bit Torrent... its the only relatively 'safe' one to use now anyway.

Probably the fastest, and theres nowt i've ever wanted that i havent been able to find.

Azureus is the best client to use.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use bittorrent for somethings but I hunt down old DJ mix sets which arent normally available as a torrent

·
Registered
643 Posts

Probably the fastest, and theres nowt i've ever wanted that i havent been able to find.

I've heard this is a good combination too.

·
Registered
627 Posts

I'll second that. Azureus is excellent, and you can download a plugin for it called 'safepeer'.. which is well worth it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bit Torrent... its the only relatively 'safe' one to use now anyway. Probably the fastest, and theres nowt i've ever wanted that i havent been able to find. Azureus is the best client to use.
I'll second that. Azureus is excellent, and you can download a plugin for it called 'safepeer'.. which is well worth it!
what exactly does safepeer do?

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Bit Torrent... its the only relatively 'safe' one to use now anyway. Probably the fastest, and theres nowt i've ever wanted that i havent been able to find. Azureus is the best client to use.
I'll third that[;)]

Been using BitTorrent and Azureus for about a month now, its much better than p2p programs. I still use Limewire every now and then, if I need maybe one song rather than get a whole album.

·
Registered
936 Posts
personally i feel the best app to use with bittorrents is 'bitcomet', used azereus before bitcomet and liked it but as soon as i changed i could see a vast improvement, dont ask me what cos it was over a year ago so i guess the only way to find out is to download it and see for yourself. Also try www.isohunt.com for torrents, seems to be the best place and one of the few remaining. I remember when there was 10+ decent forums with people sharing torrents, best place was pheonix-torrents which was UK based and had every new release and users who were fine with you requesting music and then them hosting for you to download from, awesome, those were the days....!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts