Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ha-ha ! So, by asking me the question in public, you are hoping to draw me to answer?? LOL

Couldn't possibly tell........... because I'm not yet decided !!!

I have arranged a test drive at my local VW garage when my Golfd goes in next week to have the door rubbers replaced....... but that may be a decoy!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at a 330d sport the other day but they're still commanding a decent price. I think this will change once the 3.0d engine is available in the new shape 3 series. But then would I be able to live with knowing that I've got an 'old model' car? Granted most of the depreciation would already be over with and Im not convinced I like the new 3 series but still.....

·
Registered
829 Posts
I was looking at a 330d sport the other day but they're still commanding a decent price. I think this will change once the 3.0d engine is available in the new shape 3 series. But then would I be able to live with knowing that I've got an 'old model' car? Granted most of the depreciation would already be over with and Im not convinced I like the new 3 series but still.....
The E46 shape is much easier on the eye than the Bangle'd up new one IMO.. won't date as obviously either.

My 2p

·
Registered
366 Posts
The 330D is out now in the new shape, I saw one yesterday when I was picking up my new car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No, I saw it on the forecourt and then it was driven off by I pressume a salesperson. I only noticed it as it looked like it had a bodykit maybe a sport model? and nice alloys and as it drove away it was badged 330D.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
is it ? My dealer says definately Nov for the passat 170 TDi

But to the rest of ya Posted Image'); return false;" href="javascript://">
Click the image to Copy the code, then just paste it in a forum thread
</A> [:D][:D]
All dealers have been told this a few months back but there has been no word from VW since.

If it was Nov then we normally start to get info from VW around about now in preperation for the launch.........but as of yet not a peep!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any clues as to when the 170 TDI will be here? (GT?)
Long time no hear Mr Potts..........still flying about?
Good memory! Yep, I am, still easyJet. Got rid of the 350Z for an Audi
A4 Avant 2.5 TDI quattro. And it's a POS (well the engine is terrible).
Currently trying my hardest not to buy a new GTI, just thought the
economy and torque of the 170 TDI would be ace. Dealer thought sometime around Christmas, but nothing fixed yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.