Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 110 gt tdi and the turbo power has been lacking a far bit lately, it really feels like it has half the power it used to, it has a 130 turbo on it and adjustable chip, i had a look at the turbo today and it has alot of oil built up around the oil feed pipe and down around the turbo case, thought it may be a bit loose so tightened it and managed to get it to turn about half a turn, is there any seal that may need to be changed or would i be best changing the oil feed pipe and if so how much of a job is this?

cheers

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts
The pipe is easy enough to change, not sure about the 110 but on the 130 it is a banjo connection off the oil filter housing and a compression joint on he turbo, the pipe is held to the block and exhaust manifold by a couple of clips.

Make sure you prime the new pipe when you fit it, you are best off getting a braided replacement hose

Neil

·
Registered
179 Posts
Loss of power? Probably.not due to an oil feed pipe on the turbo. Normally what happens when a turbo runs out if oil is buggered turbo and no power. Pull of the hoses to the egr and see how much gunk is in there. If there's a lot then you're best off cleaning out your whole intake system including intercooler. On top of that get a new maf sensor and you'll probably find you've got all your power back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts