Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I installed my gauges last weekend but didn't fit the sensors as I needed to find somewhere to mount them. I have a PD150 and there is very limited space by the existing sender to put a T piece in...

Posted Image


Posted Image


So I decided that I would make this ...

Posted Image


Posted Image


But I'm still stuck on the Pressure one so my question is does anyone have any good ideas on what I can do or what they have done?

I did find an "oil sender relocation kit" but the problem is that I cant even get a spanner in to remove the original one [:O]

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Ollie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,375 Posts
I cut into the vag plug and ran out of that ! / the oil temp i used the spare plug on the oil pump on top of it if i remember !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MK4_WES - that's not a bad idea.

Smiley125- my oil filter in an element filter not a canister one so I don't think that would work :(

.

Ollie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,375 Posts
Im not sure buddy, maybe have a dig around the oil setup, im sure you can get a after market oil temp sender in anywhere oil passes through the system ?! but i have a 1.8t and had a spare bung i could use ontop of the oil pump unit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yer for the Oil temp I made a sump plug to house it so ill change that when I do my service at the weekend :)

just the Pressure sender to sort out. Ordered an Oil Relocation Kit so hopefully I'll be able to squeeze a spanner in there to get the old one out :S

Ollie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so i got round to sorting out the gauges yesterday i will post some pics later.

To get the old sender out in the end i had to drain my air-con system and remove the big silver pipe so that i could get a 24mm spanner on to get it out because the plug wouldnt come off, to allow me to get a socket on there, as there was another pipe behind it preventing me from doing so [:mad:]

so after a long battle with that the rest was ver simple, just screw the senders into to relocation block,earth it then seal it all with PTFE tape. Now all the gauges are working fine :)

Sadly the only place i could get the relocation kit was off eBay where it took forever to be posted and they charged a fortune for postage as it came from Ireland. When infact the postage lable said it only cost them 3 Euro to send so I will be having words

Cheers for the help guys :) happy its all working now [Y]

Ollie
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top