Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave the old girl a cursory wash today and scooted off to find a location to take some pics. Ended up on the Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate which has now become a morbid tourist attraction. Hard to find decent locations for pictures as so much of the area is unsafe and many buildings condemned. The first shot does not convey the destruction - that's a Mini in there!

Oh by the way I've had the VW refurb Anni Wheels re-refurbed in a satin finish, which I'm happier with.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/James/Bunce/Bunce22.jpg

http://kane.phpwebhosting.com/~burberry/James/Bunce/Bunce9.jpg

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice to see the beast James. Glad all is running well at present, fingers crossed for a trouble free 2006 for the car (and yourself), and completion of the project.

Glad your happy with the finish on the refurbed wheels, they look good.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marc! All the best for 2006 to you and your family too.

Now everything is fitted again and working without any problems, I'm hopeful I should have time to get it mapped in the next week or so.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Looks fantastic James, modifications in all the places that matter! If i could go down the same route again i'd start with an anni [:D]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That's a great looking car, and the right sort of changes that should be made to an anni when modding.  The brakes look very smart through the wheels.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That looks so good! I love anni's. Im hoping my next golf will be one.

What exhaust do you have? Do you have any close up pictures of it?

Thanks, Charlie.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@marc_dub ? PD150 with hybrid turbo, custom FMIC, custom exhaust

@Bruce ? thanks mate![:D]

@Sem ? of course mate I followed your lead[;)].

@Stunt - ?1200 front and ?350 rear or thereabouts ? from ECS importer JBR Performance.

@Chaz ? thanks mate, FMIC, pipework and exhaust all made as a one-off by Primary Designs. Depending on success of project and interest, they may make a limited production run. www.primarydesigns.co.uk They make F1 exhausts for Renault, Red Bull and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Toyota</st1:place></st1:City>.

@Big A ? Spot on. ECS 2v2 and Stage 1R vented.

@ Satnam ? Appreciated![:)] Springs - not really ? It has Eibach Pro Kit -30mm springs and I don?t think they lower the car much if at all.

@Baker21 ? yep front and rear. ?If you?re gonna be a bear you gotta be a Grizzly!?[6]

@Shiuming ? LOL. Possibly cause I had a Reflex Silver PD130 and that gave me my forum name in 2002. I bought this car in April 2004 from ChrisB.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looking great James - you and your steed truly truly deserve the success in 2006 that you've earned through all the blood sweat and tears you've gone through in 2005.

Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Looks a damn site cleaner than mine James. Still looks in top notch
condition too, like the look of the fmic too. You've made me feel
guilty enough to wash my car now, though I think I'll leave it until
tomorrow - would look a little weird doing it at this time of night.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Whats she hiding under that hood? With the big brales, exhaust and fmic? Looks very nice!
That's all that is on view..........and I've since gone back to the standard airbox.
1. Have you noticed a difference on going back to standard!

2. So when is it getting the re-map to see if all the hard work has really worked!

3. Come on next Goodwood track day is all I will say. [:D]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Dan! Happy New Year.

1. No. The CAI was only ever fitted on the dyno runs so I have no experience of it.
  2. This week I think. Should be done by Awesome RR day 14th Jan - you coming?
  3. Too right! [8o|]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
James (Reflex TDI) why did you replaced the OEM FMIC pipework? Does this pipe work cause restriction?

Nice one, keep the good work up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts