Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well iv finally booked my car into the body shop (doing it in a funny order cus i havnt even got wheels or suspension yet [:$] ) im having the side rub strips removed, handles colour coded, rear badge removed and bonrath grill fitted with bonnet & bumper recess smoothed over & euro stubby's painted & fitted, have decided to leave front & rear rub strips black as i think it goes well with the anni lights :p

anyway......my problem, a while ago i put dynamat in my boot, saw a sticker (which i now know is the paint code sticker) thought i dont need this and threw it. my question is will the shop be able to match the paint without this? the cars a 2001 golf reflex silver 1.4? i herd there was about 8 different shades of reflex silver [:$]

·
Registered
824 Posts
The paint code should also be in your manual. A good bodyshop would be able to match it anyway regardless I would imagine, the one that sorted mine out did!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The same sticker should be in the owner's manual [Y]

As far as I know there is only one Reflex Silver, otherwise they'd give them different names altogether. Prior to Reflex Silver there was Satin Silver.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all [:D] thats made me happy to hear, il go check the service manual after work, cant wait now! [:D]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'm 100% sure there was 2 paint codes for reflex silver as my mums car
is reflex silver and its some other code not la7w unlike sonnys reflex
silver which is the paint code la7w.

Sat

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
WHERE DID YOU GET YOU STUDDBY WING MIRRORS FROM MATE IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AGES N CNT EVEN GET THEM FROM MY DEALER WITHOUT THE PART CODES

·
Registered
117 Posts
Jesus!

I've been quoted 500 to get all that, minus mirrors and a dent knocked out my o/s wheel arch, I thought that was a tad expensive!

I guess, as long as it looks good its worth the money.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Umm body work??? Just had a front respray and a few ;lil tiuch ups. Got it cheap but its gonna cost more to pay for the fuck ups that have occured now!!!! BEWARE

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jesus!

I've been quoted 500 to get all that, minus mirrors and a dent knocked out my o/s wheel arch, I thought that was a tad expensive!

I guess, as long as it looks good its worth the money.

Anyway, let us know how it goes.
really? that a good price when you think about what needs spraying, i.e doors, rear 3/4's, tailgate, bonnet, bumper, mirrors and arches blended thats before the welding work on bonnet, doors & tailgate and having handles fitted.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Gonna look cool when thats all done, but why you doing bodywork first then getting wheels/suspension seems a really strange way round to do it imo.

Also im sure ive read somewhere that the paint code is in the engine bay area?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i honestly dont know why im doing it like this, i got a good deal on the body work, and for the next two weeks iv got another car il be able to use, after that i wont, so now seemed like the best time for the car to be off the road, sometimes i just get a bit exited and rush into things [:p]

hopefully wheels and a drop wont be to far down the line

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Seems like the perfect time to do it then!

Yeah im the same rush into things sometimes but im getting better I used to go onto an online shop and just buy stuff now I can put stuff in the cart and think 'do I really need that' and normally end up not buying it. What an achievment. lol

What sorta wheels you thinking of?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well now im hooked on wide 17's been looking at brocks on dubmister, orginally wanted 19" A8's and a R32 kit when i first came on here but now iv seen the light lol

To be honest though the main wheels im looking at are the brocks, schmidts, TSW thruxton's, wolfrace yakuza, oem mercedes the list goes on, every day i decide on a different wheel, starting to narrow it down to about 5 choices now though. Guess one good thing about having body work done first is that i can choose wheels to suit body style, rather than style the body around wheel choice [:)]

oh and i know exactly what you mean with the internet buying thing lol

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Yeah when I first got mine I wanted A8's or the old RS4's but now I would want something different... but what!

I used to work for South West Tyres and Dubmeister used to come to us quite a bit to get the tyres fitted to the rims SOOOO it might be an idea to get a price from SWT aswell as dubmeister to see if theres a difference.

Also I would seriously recommend stearing clear of Wolfrace, I worked for SWT for about a year and a half and saw thousands and thousands of Wolfrace which is the make that we normally sent out as I worked on the wholesale side and the quality isnt exactly the best, so if you really did want them I would go to a wheel shop and see some first hand and keep them clean ALL the time the polished lip will soon corrode.

Choice the wheels to suit the styling sounds like a good idea actually!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts