Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just placed a depo on a new Gti 3 door steel grey,with black leather,winter pack and 18's [:O]

Please tell me I'm not mad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No your not mad! The GTI is a great car and im sure you will love it. I see you have gone for the same colour as your current car! You must really like the steel grey! But im the same with silver!

Make sure you take loads of pictures when you get the car and put them on the website!

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Wahoo - congrats DB! I knew you'd get there - but maybe not quite this soon! [;)]

I see my wise words in PM have contributed to you going up to the 18s... Sure you won't be disappointed tho! [:)]

Congrats mate - what has the missus said though??

Oh and Damian - as for the exodus - probably too many owls scaring people off [;)]

C

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good man yourself.. glad to see you went for the must have 18s !! [;)]
Thanks Irish,just hope the rides not to hard compaired to the 17's, have you drive on both sizes?

DB
Good choice.

I've had my GTI for a while now. Mines on 17's. I went for 17's because I've had cars in the past who's ride has been compromised by bigger wheels but I have to say I haven't read one single report or forum post that suggests that 18' compromise the ride on the GTI.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks Irish,just hope the rides not to hard compaired to the 17's, have you drive on both sizes?

DB
Good choice.

I've had my GTI for a while now. Mines on 17's. I went for 17's because I've had cars in the past who's ride has been compromised by bigger wheels but I have to say I haven't read one single report or forum post that suggests that 18' compromise the ride on the GTI.
I chose 17's as I prefer the better ride comfort and I think they look pretty good considering they are standard.

I have had 18's on a BMW 3 series and the ride does suffer

·
Registered
471 Posts

DB
Good choice.

My car is riding on ultralight 19's (lighter in fact than the 18" wheels that come with the GTI) and my experience is only that they've significantly improved the ride... it depends a lot on the weight of the wheels. I've yet to have a go on the 17" wheeled GTI, but the 18" wheels look absolutely lovely, diamond-polished with gunmetal inserts...
Oh, and congratulations DB! [;)]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for you kind words and support,Piccy's will follow for sure, just need to get this week out the way, lot's of paperwork and running around to do.

Please to hear your views on 18's.

DB

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I picked my GTi up on Sat, mine has 18's and drives brilliant with them. Totally made up with the car too, puts loads of smiles on ya face when driving and the sound, say no more[:D]. I defo made the right decision to get shut of the GT TDi.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
glad you make the right decision...makes me think I sshould've chopped mine in when I had the chance[:(]
Ive got the best of both worlds Damian as i can still drive my old Silver GT TDi as i sold it to my mate.

Bottle opener wasnt in the GTi but he said he will send one out to me.

If he does mate ill let you know and you can have it.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Out of all the nice comments that have been passed to me from randomers on the street about the car, the wheels come tops.

My A3 had 17s for a while and I can't say the 18s ride is any worse and if it were to be, it's still a small price to pay for a much better overall appearance..the wheels *make* the car IMO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts