Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well av took the plunge and have chosen to change my car AGAIN and am stickin with the new one for good this time..Gone is the CRV CDTI ..And in its place is a black 2.0 GT  TDI DSG  haveing previously had a silver Golf  ive now gone for a Black one. Wont be getting it for about a week so i will post some pictures as soon as at arrives..Firstly i will be getting it chipped,then Sat Nav..Cant wait now. Any mkv owners who have a a black mkv if you have any pictures could you post them up it would be appreciated,just also after an idea of what wheels i can put on it..Cheers.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I quite fancy the DSG but put off with the reports of problems and that the tuners wont warrenty any work on it or increased power put through it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
heres a bog std GT FSi, doubt I'll need to lower if I keep rolling rad the same

Posted Image

please lord kill the sun for a few hours so I can wax her

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With havein silver last time aroundme  thinks ive defo made the right choice,keep the picys comein,cheers

·
Registered
643 Posts
A bog standard MKV Sport:

Posted Image

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I quite fancy the DSG but put off with the reports of problems and that the tuners wont warrenty any work on it or increased power put through it.
As was mentioned on another thread the problems with the DSG where on the earlier cars. I've got a DSG 2.0Tdi Audi A3 and have covered 8K in it since march with no problems at all, 6K of them with a tuning box fitted.

I'm a memeber of Audi sport where there are a lot of DSG equip'd cars and none of them have had problems either. Personally I'd say if you want the DSG gearbox your just a s likely to have to return your normal g'box'd car due to faults...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good to me,going to give superchips a ring this morning to see what the say about chipping it,Hope they can do it.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Nice one looks nice,Wheres the badges if you dont mind me askin !
I had the dealer de-badge it..am not really one for badges as they are a pain in the RS to clean round. Do you think it looks like it's missing something then ?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right i have spoken with Superchips this morning(J Mcqueen you had me worried i mightnt be able to get it chipped dont do that to me!) and they said there is no problem whatsover if you get the DSG chipped,only that you do get slightly less torque but nothing you would realy notice compared to the manual. So thats it when i get my motor its straight down to bucks. Got quoted ?447 inc vat to get it done. Oh and ive driven a demo one this morning for about 2 hrs makes it a breeze drivin around town and it does seem to be slightly quicker through acceleration.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Did you let them know you were a member on this forum? Think you might get a discount thanks to Foxy and his Group Buy.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder what sort of price I could get from my dealers on a GT TDI  4motion with DSG. The paddles on the steering wheel are only available on the GTI are they though which would limit the fun?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts