Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

its started again.. the wheel obsession is back!! question is what am i doing this time!?? im bored so i thought id just throw some random picture up!

whos at the next WED meet btw??

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha i do love a LED screen. the pc screen doubles up as a screen for my sons Xbox so we can play each other on xbox live but have a screen each.

yes these wheels are a mare. i only ran them for a few weeks and thought id be lazy and leave them on in the snow. BAD BAD idea. im currently removing the stuck on grit in the form of little black dots off them. Camera cant pic them up so i can show you. im playing with different colour vinyl for the insides of them after i have got rid of me little dotty things. ill throw pics up as i go along.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sounds great - only managed the same a few ago when sharing a house with a few friends - hooking up a screen and PS2 each was great for the 007 games and GT3!

White wheels must be a mare - my OZ's were an absolute pain when silver...at least in gunmetal I can be slightly lazy!

Nice idea with the different coloured inners - something I've always wanted to try after seeing many Porsche's in the Supercar paddock at Goodwood... grey inner with coloured wheel fronts...that with the brakes, awesome!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i've been a bit of a whore in the past but i never took them off to clean them!

i must say, a small part of me does admire you[:D]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awww [:$] the car is currently sat on A3 16" and has been for a couple weeks. they will stay on there till the weather gets a little better.

looks like this atm.. (but cleaner now)

Posted Image

heres the little black bittings..

Posted Image

Posted Image

propper pig to get off... dont want to use anything to harsh as ill scratch them up. using speed detailer, micro fibre, Auto Gym, and wax to seal them. its taken me prob 30 mins to do 5 bits between the spokes. long....

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the resin aint to bad surprisingly, the little black bittings comes off if you pick at it with ya nail its just an arse to get in to the gap between the rim and spoke.

i aint got nothing more abrasive other than dimond brite but i think thats not really the right stuff. i need to be able to wax it after to seal the rim and pin stripe a little more. missions, aint even started playing with vinyl yet!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, time is now 12:55 and i have just finished 1 wheel! cleaned, detailed, polished and waxed!!! It seems i have caught a slight wheel bug!

WAX ON....

Posted Image

WAX OFF...

Posted Image

Posted Image

STILL got another 2 to pin stripe. i was planning on doing one tonight but it seems this 1 took me a while. I would feed my childrens dinner off the wheel, if it was not for the fact they would get dirty again! Lucky i got plates eh!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Top tip for removing tar spots - Eucalyptus oil (50ml is about £1 in a pharmacy and will last *ages*).

Oh, and your room looks like something out of the film Swordfish... (The programmer scene).

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Top tip for removing tar spots - Eucalyptus oil (50ml is about £1 in a pharmacy and will last *ages*).

Oh, and your room looks like something out of the film Swordfish... (The programmer scene).
ahhh nice tip i never knew that, nice one!

hahaha! my front room does look a bit mad to you lot who dont know me i suppose! it is only 2 pcs, 1 is the CCTV unit for my remote monitoring to the cctv company, and the other 1 with a duel monitor output. oh and my tv. i only get the remote monitoring coz its my mates business so he hooked me up! good for when you go away as you always know your house is being watched and recorded else where.[Y]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gman thats dedication. but i got the bug to with the porkers..

N3R0 - first time ive heard of eucalyptus oil..
cheers mate. i just want the weather to do 1 so i can put them back on with the 15mm spacers on the rear. Dubbed_Bora is selling me his old 10mm spacers for the front as well so im looking forwards to what its gonna look like. i mite put them on for the next meet if the weathers dry. [:D] feeling a small drop more on the front too....

b0ll0cks... just noticed i missed a spoke!! hahaha! [facepalm]

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gman, what wheels are they? They look like R32's... Genuine or reps?

I've got to say, you have one of the tidiest Boras on here. Is it your daily driver too?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Gman, what wheels are they? They look like R32's... Genuine or reps?

I've got to say, you have one of the tidiest Boras on here. Is it your daily driver too?
They look like Audi TT Quattro Sport wheels to me, at a guess I would say reps as from the pictures the rears don't look wider that the front as the concave part looks the same

1 - 20 of 30 Posts