Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Just buy some you tight sod...... you can never have enough cleaning materials

I think I'm going to get some for the corsa, it doesnt seem to get the same attension as mine does on a weekly basis.

*********** EDITED ************

Cheques in the post, & I'm going for the 476 Super Doublecoat Paste, sounds the better option of the two to me

Should protect her car as it goes up & down the M1/A42 daily [Y]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Richard,

As an example, if you were to do one coat every month, the wax should last a good couple of years if not more.... Doing a couple of cars regularly should get more than a years worth of use.

For actual durability, the Collinites are about the longest lasting of any wax but, with differing conditions (especially in good ol Blighty), it can go from a couple of months to several months before needing topping up.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I've gone for the paste - gotta protect the baby over the winter!
Ditto [Y]

I'm going to put over a coat of NXT & P21S,

& the reason for doing so, ... this combo give the best shine possible,

but.... the Carnuba in the P21S evaporates over a few weeks (faster in summer), so hopefully this should seal the P21S & help keep that shine...

well, thats the plan .......

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi Alex, just a quick one:

any chance of just getting the Collinite #476s Super Doublecoat Wax (paste). with the same deal ??[:p]

Reason being I have bought many cloths and applicators off your site already.

Let me know cheers!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Do you know what? I can't fault Alex at Serious, placed my order yesterday lunchtime and it's arrived this morning. Talk about service or what!!!

Cheers Alex!

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Do you know what? I can't fault Alex at Serious, placed my order yesterday lunchtime and it's arrived this morning. Talk about service or what!!!

Cheers Alex!
Always a pleasure dealing with Alex ! and the service is astronomically fast too.

Top top service. Many companies could learn a thing or two from him about treating your customers right ! He certainly lives up to his companies name.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK !

Postman woke me at 7am with mine [:D] but [:mad:] too.

I've managed to get a coat on the corsa already, went on & off quite easy, & it gives a good shine too [:D], so that should keep her happy.

Its raining now [:(], so the golf will have to wait until another time......

Again, Alex & SP push the benchmark for quality service to 11/10 [Y]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'm house hunting today and out to night so I may get round to giving the cars clean tomorrow as a hangover cure...

On the plus side it looks like I will be getting my way on the house front and having a double garage and big driveway...

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Managed to do the Golf sunday, & I can say the results are very pleasing.

What I will say to those who have ordered the paste, use a damp cloth/applicator & it will go on a lot easier, & dont wait for it to haze, take it straight off, that makes it loads easier.

[Y]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Cheers for the pointer. I've ordered some too. Read a lot about Collinite and I can't wait to try it out.

Do you have pics of the finish, Jace?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts