Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Off to collect the R32 in 30 mins!

2K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  RS2002 
#1 ·
It's been given a full main dealer service and had the exhausts polished and the little scratch on the bumper sorted - off on a 2 hour train journey to Leigh-On-Sea to hand over the rest of the money.

But what crappy weather - snow is a couple of inches thick here in Weybridge, fingers crossed it'll be better at the other end.

Oh, and the wife's making me go to Bluewater on the way back [V] so won't be back until late - will report here on my return [^]

Noticed yesterday that Big Boys Toys is nearby too, so nect time I'll be going there while she goes to Bluewater [:D]

#8 ·
What a car [:O]

Only criticism so far is the bloody traffic report thing interrupting everything REALLY LOUDLY - guess I should read the manual tonight!!

Luckily there was no snow in Leigh On Sea, and by the time we go to Bluewater there was none on the roads there either.

Took it pretty easy on the way home as the wife was passengering and she's 6 months pregnant - reset the computer and managed an average MPH of 69.4 and 28.8 MPG - pretty impressed with that.

Just went out again alone and really had a play - "just popping to Halfords to get some screenwash" [:I] - 60 mins later I've tackled a couple of dual carriageways, a chunk of the A3 and some bendy bits - wahey [:D] Must have been one of the few drivers with the windows wound down when it's 2 degrees outside!

Couple of pics taken just after I'd collected the keys...

Posted Image

Posted Image

...I'm a very happy (but much poorer) bunny!

#20 ·
Quote: posted by MarkReading on 25/02/2005 21:52:00

Quote: posted by Royster on 25/02/2005 18:29:38

Press the FM buttom on your radio to shut up the announcements!

Roy - Hope this works on my SatNav unit too as it's driving me nuts too.....[;)] If not HELP[:I]

Sorry to hijack the topic too..[:I]

Its even better with Sat Nav Mark, you have the option of simply recording the annoucements and listening to them as you feel appropriate i.e. the TIM button (top left hand corner) or if you have TMC then you can simply set the Sat Nav to Dynamisation and have your route altered accordingly without ever having to listen to the announcements to mention but a few options[;)]

#24 ·
Thanks for the comments and advice on how to shut the bloody Traffic reports up! Annoyingly I didn't get a manual for the Gamma stereo in with the others - grrr.

First major(ish) mod will be the tints, after I've had my Pioneer Avic-X1, phonekit and Origin B2Solo installed next week - ooooooh, the expense!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.