Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can't find much Oettinger stuff on your site at the minute, what are you going to be stocking? Would I be right in assuming you won't offer their re-mapping with you being an APR dealer?

Mike.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi

Havent had time to put the parts on our site as yet, will look for prices for you too kiz in the morning :)

We will be offering the Oettinger remaps aswell, we're just awaiting
the equipment to do so :) We're the official Oettinger importer
so will be offering everything they do :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent - I'm in the market for a re-map on my 150TDI, so would be interested to see what they have on offer?... Might even offer to be a guinea pig if you like [;)] I'm sure a bit of creative thinking could marry up that and your lovely cruise function?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The Oettinger stuff isnt switchable sorry, the switchability is hardwired in the remap code itself and this is unique to APR software...

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shame, for me because I can't use it, and APR because they've missed out on shed-loads of money by neglecting us 1.9-ers!

I'd still be very interested in seeing the Oettinger info though.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose it's because diesels aren't as popular in the US? Give them a shove and tell them to pull their finger out!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ade,

Any news on the Oettinger or APR remaps - The Anni keeps seeing other cars with remaps and is getting a little jealous, you know how it is with kids, it's only a matter of time before the bullying starts and I find her self-harming her own brake lines or something?

I want to see all the products on the table so to speak before I make my mind up, but friends and I have been coming to your place for years and I like the service from you. It's out of warranty, so I'm not really in the market for a switchable device, especially when I can get custom rolling road remaps for similar money.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I definately wouldnt hold your breath and wait for the APR diesel maps, the oettinger diesel code has been out for a while now and we're just awaiting the equipment from oettinger to do it :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll see what's about and get her done.

I've seen some figures on the Oettinger site and although I was surprised at the BHP figures, they aren't massive (They may have improved it since the figures were posted?), I'd be interested to see what it puts out on the rollers.. you never know if other tuners are upping their own product stats? It's not all about who gives the most power at the end of the day, it has to drive right and not run the risk of sending the turbo through the bonnet for the sake of a few extra BHP.

On an unrelated matter, if you see Dean knocking about, ask him to let me know how Jay Caddick is getting on with his MkI, and his own for that matter, if he still has it? - I've not seen those guys for ages to ask.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes the Oettinger figures are some of the lowest you will see, this is because they are in some way connected with VW and the remaps are warranted with VW so you wont have any problems at a vw dealer with the oettinger map, therefore they have to play safe with how much they up the power.

I'll ask dean when i next see him :)

Dean sold his Mk1 a while back, has a Mk3 GTI now.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes the Oettinger figures are some of the lowest you will see, this is because they are in some way connected with VW and the remaps are warranted with VW so you wont have any problems at a vw dealer with the oettinger map, therefore they have to play safe with how much they up the power.
Sorry to disagree, but you're shooting in the dark here.....in fact i'd go so far as to say you really don't know what you're on about.

I'd much rather buy a product quoting the figures they can achieve at least, rather than some pub-talk absolute maximum.

Additionally, i'd much rather run my car with acceptable smoke levels, superb drivability and the excellent long term longevity for the turbo, than something that hasn't / doesn't / isn't.

There's such a lot of tosh talked about remapping its untrue....believe who you like - it's your cash and your engine at the end of the day....just do your research carefully and independently.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
We have a rolling road and know the figures the Oettinger and APR maps give out compared, being main UK dealers for both these companies should also give us the experience to know why there are differences between the maps.  Perhaps go over to audiworld.com and learn a little more about these two companies for yourself ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Any prices on the Oettinge Re-map? I havent got 100% confirmed prices but they should be for the TDI around ?499+vat with 1 years VW warranty, we can extend the vw warranty for extra years for extra also.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
We........know the figures the Oettinger and APR maps give out ........ being main UK dealers for both these companies ...............

...............Perhaps go over to audiworld.com and learn a little more about these two companies for yourself ...............
........although I don't want to get TOO involved, and I aren't interested in APR - you seem to be telling me that you are, and to paraphrase, the "main UK dealer for Oettinger"...........

I'm very very interested to learn more about this.........seeing as you think i'm lacking in the knowledge department - i'm happy to be put right....so I invite you to tell me more.

How long have you been in this position?
What did you need to do to achieve a main dealer position?
Are you sole UK dealer?
What products and services do you offer?
Are all your services backed by a warranty - and is that yours or Oettinger's?
Is there anywhere on Oettinger's website where I can find your details?
Who can I contact at Oettinger's HQ in Germany to corroborate your status?

many thanks!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
How long have you been in this position?
Myself? I've worked at Awesome since 1997, or Awesome being an Oettinger Dealer? Since August this year.

What did you need to do to achieve a main dealer position?
Sorry we're not at liberty to go into our financial position in this

Are you sole UK dealer?
No, RSD are also a main Oettinger dealer

What products and services do you offer?
We will be offering the full Oettinger range within time

Are all your services backed by a warranty - and is that yours or Oettinger's?
Labour is warranted with Awesome and the parts with Oettinger

Is there anywhere on Oettinger's website where I can find your details?
Sorry i cant find a list of any distributors on Oettingers website?

Who can I contact at Oettinger's HQ in Germany to corroborate your status?
Perhaps try emailing them [email protected]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Are you sole UK dealer?
No, RSD are also a main Oettinger dealer
Sorry, but after contacting Oettinger in Germany to enquire about UK Oettinger dealers, I had an email the next day from them, via RSD...but nothing from yourselves !

Do Oettinger consider you guys an "official" dealer then? or what?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts