Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Only just stumbled across this mate!!

The valances are easy to get off and you just give it a tug and then on with yoru new ones, nice and simple!!

As for the side skirts, maybe you want to meet up some time and have a look at mine? Or are you located miles away?

They really are easy to fit but you have to use the aluminium rails supplied with them or you will have trouble later on in life!!

Can't believe you have a silver bora mate, terrible colour and choice of kit, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Yup Simon, Im really really happy with it ! Its a blue flame exhaust, 165 delivered from ebay. Not too loud, just a roar when you step on it (like the milteks) ... which is what I want, I dont want corsa-boy loud exhaust as thats just silly doing 2mph and its going POP WEE BAH ROO !

Lets just say that my sis new I was home when I was parking up so its does have a nice, distant roar.

I was very worried Id have to cut into the valance but to my suprise, it was spot on !!! [h]
You certainly don't want to hear my exhaust then mate, she back fires when you step off the throttle!! It certainly turns heads which may or may not be a bad thing?

Well I would be very happy with yours for that price mate and like I said, it look sspot on!!

Let's see what the rest of the motor looks like over the next few days then.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I know what you mean mate but I have just learned to live with it!! It certainly wasn't supposed to be as loud as it is, I guess that loosing a silencer does that to your noise level though?

I am just over an hour North West of you mate up the M40?

We could meet up somewhere along the M40 if that's easy for you?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I will take some pictures at lunchtime if I can mate but I am unsure of what your after?

My sideskirts are clipped onto the aluminium runner and they are very difficult to get off, I will see what I can do and email them to you, rather than post them up?

What's your email address?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks great mate!!

It's amazing how changing a few little bits can give it a face lift!!

Can't help but think that I have seen this motor somewhere before though, LOL!!

You can't put an intercooler on a V5 mate, not that I am aware of anyway!?!?!?!

Also noticed that you have the same problems as me? You have worn your inner wheel arch liners? Have you been driving her without a valance on the front?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well I am on my second set of wheel arch liners and these ones now look like yours.

I am also on my 3rd front valance so I thought I would leave the liners as they are, the valances are expensive enough!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I will try and help you out mate:

1) I don't think that you need to worry about this mate? I certainly didn't put anything in there or worried about it when I fitted it? Must just be how they made the tool for the spoiler?

2) You are indeed a screw short of a spoiler and it is very important that you have two per side otherwsie it won't clamp straight. I am sure you can source a replacement down your local hardware store though mate? Pop down and have a look? Where did you get your Oettinger Kit from in the end? If your bit's missing then ask the seller where they are!! I got some instructions with my kit, didn't you?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks good mate!!

You are going to have to sort your rim's out next mate, LOL!!

As for the screw issue, why don't you just source four new bolts that are slightly bigger in terms of o/d to put your mind at rest?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
When I first had the Oettinger kit fitted to my car, the sideskirts, were stuck onto the sills with doble sided tape and as you have stated the skirt's didn't fit flush.

Then over time they started to sag and bow in the middle of the skirt to the stage where they were only held on at the end.

I then had the aluminium sill screwed to my bodywork sill and now they are sitting straight, flush and square. This is how it should have been done from the start!!

Don't waste time by trying to stick them on mate because it won't last!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Long time no hear indeed mate!! How's thing? What you up to nowadays?

Post up some pics then dude, let's have a refresh of what your motor looks like, I am getting sick and tired of seeing these silver Oettinger kitted Boras, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That looks spot on mate, you happy with it?

Lowering and some wheels next, I used ot be a student too mate so I know what you mean, after I had the kit, wheels and suspension sorted I have pretty much stopped spending money on her now.

So when we going to meet up then mate? Do a photoshoot?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.