Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of advice if you are considering a grill replacement............pay the difference and avoid the cheap ones on Ebay, I have just fitted the more expensive Oettinger grill (with centre badge) and not only is it a problem free perfect fit but it looks superb. If anyone can tell me how to post photos I will do so if it assists. SGWVW

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
agreed!

from reading all the threads about the KAMEI copies on ebay, i bought the proper one from AWESOME GTI! paid ?90 to get my mitts on it and ?30 to get it sprayed.

20 minutes of screwing and voila.

i'm kamei-ed!

:D so definitely, go the proper route, this rep R32 kit i've bought is ok, had to drill the holes and do my best to make it fit!

jammy

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had an Oettinger grill on mine but have taken it off. Its for sale if anyone is interested? Make an offer am sure to consider! Its dark green n has slight damage to it not noticable when the bonnet is down tho!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
hy you taken it off i think they look well nice, i would buy it but i have already ordered one from awesome and i need it in blue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi - I have an indigo blue genuine Oettinger grill for sale/part exchange. I`d like to go back to the standard grill. The grill was fitted by VW when purschased new!!!!

email or pm me for pics.

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
569 Posts
I want this grill without the volkswagen badge? if not then ill have it with the badge...will it fit a standard golf mk4 even though theres a lip around the lights from the bumper?

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
hy you taken it off i think they look well nice, i would buy it but i have already ordered one from awesome and i need it in blue.
Eh... A blue Grille? Are you taking LSD mate
Lol Nath look at the date i posted that it was the same time i was questioning you about your scary grill on eBay lol!

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Eh... A blue Grille? Are you taking LSD mate
Lol Nath look at the date i posted that it was the same time i was questioning you about your scary grill on eBay lol!
lol thought you'd turned into a crack ho!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
lol dont be stupid Nath!, it has been a long time though Nath we have got to meet up some time soon. Maybe go out for a drive get some snaps of the cars, then onto have a slap up ddinner (we stiall havent gone to an indian like you suggested) then pop back to mine and show us what your made of on Rock Band [:D]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Yes i do know a place, i never got one in the end these many years ago but if you email,
[email protected]
and refrence: Oettinger grille OE 804 221 00 be warned its £172.18 delivered

Bit pricey for a grill.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If anyone is still interested in these Oettinger grills Ive got a dark green one up for sale, meshed (expamet) with no VW badge. Got it when I bought my car - offers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
James

I would be interested mate. Could you send me a photo of the grill and one of the damaged area. Rough price that you are thinking??

cheers

Tim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts