Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quite like the rear valance with quad exhaust but still think the ABT kit is the best for the GTI. You've lost the fogs at the front and not keen on the mesh. IMO the side-skirts look too bulky.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not keen myself as already said side skirts too bulky almost like side runners.

Again mismatching grill panels do it no favours .

All a bit of a hotchpotch imo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Prefer the standard side sills,These are way to bulky, they look like the ones some of the touring cars are running poss M G .

Also as others have said the front grill mesh does not look good and the rear is too max power so all in all i dont like any of it.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I think I prefer the ABT kit, and in either case the 18" Monzas are possibly the defining feature of the GTI, and aftermarket jobbies don't look quite right to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie, lads so take it easy ;0)

I agree, think it looks a bit of a mismatch on the GTI. Anyone have any pics for the Oettinger kit for standard Golf V and not the GTI. I've a GT TDI and dying to know what Oettinger have up there sleeves for it - can't find any pics anywhere (besides a drawing on the oettinger site).

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I like the side skirts gives more depth to the side profile as I have always felt the mk5 look flat from side on, better if the blended in better though as has been said at the rear quarter panel.

Rest of it I am not keen on they need to put something in the exhaust indent black plastic mesh like on the r line mk4 rear bumper to break up the rear end IMO

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Guys.......can I pull you all up very quickly here........

Sorry to rain on your parade, but as "Ad-Hoc" Oettinger/Caractere forum agent, I can advise that this is NOT AN OFFICIAL/PRODUCTION OETTINGER KIT.

This is merely a prototype and very much pre-production.

The front bumper is not yet finished and the design for the production model WILL be different.
Also, the side skirts wont have the corner ears at the back like some.......ahem....other....ahem........kits.

Basically I could go on and on about how nothing is correct!!!

This weekend at the German Bodensee festival, Oettinger will be airing another prototype for the MK V body kit, and collecting feedback.

Be assured - as soon as the official pictures are available - i'll post them here !!

Cheers - Jon
FOXY

·
Registered
207 Posts
It just doesnt make sense - spend 22K on a GTi and then even more on a kit that makes a sweet looking car look pants.  Hmm, its a tough one!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad to hear that it's still very much WIP, while I liked it at first glance, after reading the comments about the mesh grille and the lack of foglights etc... I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing their revisions to this theme. I do like the side skirts though, perhaps if they were a little less chunky, they'd be perfect. Foxy, looking forward to seeing the official pics, when you have them [:)]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts