Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
2.0 Turbo FSI - 147 kW (200 PS) > 228 kW (310 PS)

Oettinger-Engine
AXX / BWA-G 2000 TFSI-4
Engine Identification AXX / BWA
Transmission 6 speed manual / DSG - with 390 Nm
Drive Front wheel drive
Modifications
OETTINGER turbocharger and exhaust manifold
OETTINGER down pipe and catalytic converter
OETTINGER front-, main- and rear silencer
OETTINGER carbon ram air
OETTINGER intake system
Recalibration of the engine management
OETTINGER SERIE
max. power 228 kW (310 bhp) @ 5800 rpm 147 kW (200 bhp) @ 6000 rpm
max. torque 316 lb ft (430 Nm) @ 2700 rpm 205 lb ft (280 Nm) @ 1800 rpm
0 - 100 km/h approx. 5,9 sec approx. 7,2 sec
max. speed approx. 265 km/h (165 mph) approx. 235 km/h (146 mph)
Fuel Super Plus unleaded, min. 98 ROZ
emissions Euro 4
Note Modified vehicles require at least ?W? rated tyres
Part No. OE 000 425 00
While 310 BHP would be nice, I'd have to have a serious chat with the bank manager for all that work!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, firstly take a 2.0 fsi T engined vehicle. Add a Revo stage 1 map. Then blend in a blueflame turbo back exhaust system, with 200 cel cat, add a neuspeed induction kit, a forge BOV (no bhp there tho, as you know), then finish off with a garnish of stage 2 Revo.

No power figures as yet, but estimated at 250 whp.

0-60 takes 5.7 seconds, and a sat nav confirmed top speed of 165 mph (private track officer) with 600 rpm to go.

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Blueflame - ?400.00 fitted (development cost) This will be at least double normally.

BOV - ?44.00 + fitting + vat

Induction Kit - ?150.00 + fitting + vat

Stage 2 - FOC

So for around ?900.00 of my hard earned, I have the same performance that AMD and Oettinger want ?5k for.

Oh, and ?180.00 for 2 Dunlop race tyres to help keep it on the tarmac.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well, firstly take a 2.0 fsi T engined vehicle. Add a Revo stage 1 map. Then blend in a blueflame turbo back exhaust system, with 200 cel cat, add a neuspeed induction kit, a forge BOV (no bhp there tho, as you know), then finish off with a garnish of stage 2 Revo.

0-60 takes 5.7 seconds, and a sat nav confirmed top speed of 165 mph (private track officer) with 600 rpm to go.

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Blueflame - ?400.00 fitted (development cost) This will be at least double normally.

Stage 2 - FOC

So for around ?900.00 of my hard earned, I have the same performance that AMD and Oettinger want ?5k for.

Even better, save your self ?50 odd quid and not sound like a truck or a [email protected] and lose the BOV.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Stage 2 - FOC

Do the cat and induction kit make any difference to the power? I ask because it's been proven with the 1.8T engine that the standard items aren't restrictive until you're pushing more than ~300 bhp with a big turbo conversion. The 2.0T may be a different kettle of fish though.

I presume as well that you're pushing the outer limits of the standard 2.0T turbo with 250 bhp, and things will be getting pretty hot under the bonnet.

The AmD/Oettinger big turbo conversion should in theory hold boost better, run cooler and give more mid-range torque than the standard turbo + remap, but whether they're worth the extra money is open to debate!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Stage 2 - FOC

Will be interesting to see it on a reliable set of rollers.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The REVO Stage 2.

The Oettinger one has the benefit of an uprated turbo and they aren't known for wild claims being TUV approved etc.
Ah now your post makes sense lol.

Beware of the TUV approval though. They have been taken over and as a result had to re apply for the status. I'm not sure if all the new conversions they are dishing out with DPT (tech used by its new owners) will meet the stringent regulations for durability/reliability etc in Germany.

Just my 2p.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Stage 2 - FOC

Wouldnt that only give you arond 280BHP??

·
Registered
29 Posts

Total cost -

Map - ?499.00 + vat

Stage 2 - FOC

Wouldnt that only give you arond 280BHP??
Yes, roughly, which is my point. Is the extra 30 or so bhp worth the extra cash. It's alot of extra cash too.

Not saying it's not worth it, it may be worthwhile in terms of reliabilty. For all I know mine could go bang at any moment?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.