Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
straight forward poll really, to settle an argument between me and my Dad, who is thinking about changing his Ibiza on an 02 (had for 6 months) for an Octavia on a 51 plate. The Octavia is Silver[|)] and the seat is Yellow[8D]

eg..

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

(non-standard wheels on Octavia)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I voted ibiza because I had one and I miss it. I now have a Leon Cupra which is a very simillar car to the Octavia but its not as much fun as the ibiza.

The Ibiza looks better too.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
what are his reasons for thinking of changing, surely you would like people to base there opinions on this, not just what car/colour they like best [?]

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right...

1 only ever him in the car

2 doesnt need the extra space, drives to work and back, no need for big boot

3 the Ibiza is quicker

4 its still a Skoda, yes i am a badge snob!

more opinions please!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seat 0-60 = 7.9

Skoda 0-60 = 8.5

I think, different sites are telling me different things though

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
1. Octavia has better handling

2. Octavia has more tuning potential from the standard turbo (K03s as opposed to K03 in ibiza)

3. Octavia has better quality interior

4. Are you sure the Ibiza is quicker?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by CHR15 on 21/01/2005 17:07:39

Seat 0-60 = 7.9

Skoda 0-60 = 8.5

I think, different sites are telling me different things though

I've seen much better 0-60's than that. I would expect the Skoda is quicker at everything other than off the line acceleration.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 21/01/2005 11:56:20

what are his reasons for thinking of changing

still not answered.

The reasons you listed are your argument against him changing, but what are his reasons for thinking of a change [?].

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
* occasionally needs the extra space (2 Children, me at over 6 foot)

* has a big boot, works in the Car Audio trade so would be useful

* has decided that Yellow is a girls colour for a car

* has decided he is too old to drive a little yellow car

any more opinions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought it was it time add my bit . I am the subject of the above poll, I'm think the Ibiza is a crackin little car fairly quick and fun to point at counry lanes (very inportant to me as we live out in the sticks) but I'm getting stick at work , I'm 42 and I drive around in a "little Yellow hot hatch". Apparently I'm old enough to know better !!!!!! I dont need a big car as my 17yr old son has just posted very rarely go out as family as it not cool for a 17yr old boy and 14yr old girl to be seen in daylight with thier parents. I looked at an Octavia iRS (more miles than mine 46,000 v's 20,000 bodywork not as mint as the Ibiza, skoda 01 51 plate mine 02 02 plate) and the stealer wants my car and ?1,200. My gut feelings say ignore my "work mates" and keep my current ride. Would be interested in other opinions.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Keep the Ibiza if you like it [^]

IMO the Octavia is by far the better car but it only matters if you want to change

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Though I'd expand a bit;

IMO the Octavia has better;

Engine - as above it has the sport turbo

Handling - very good and well planted

Space - huge boot

Build quality - the Octavia is a fair bit better than the Ibiza (Ibiza is a bit cheapo in feel IMO)

Brakes - it has TT brakes

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Dad has an 02 Skoda VRS, my Mum "had" a 225bhp TT Roadster.

The Skoda feels a lot more lively underfoot, probably due to the TT being 4wd and a fair bit heavier.

The Skoda really is a great car, well finished, even get a spare 17" Alloy!

It's only lost around ?5k in 2/3 years, never gone wrong, can't complain to be honest! When i've driven it i've always been surprised, would be absolutely awesome with a Remap too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts