Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wouldn't do that mate,essentially you are just announcing that you are going to break the law.Remember RossTech are on this site and worked hard to provide that software.If you're on a budget,registration is only $99!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Your allowed to use any functional cable with a free lite version of VCDS (download from rosstech website) this lite version will allow you to do very basic things but findout if your cable is a working one. If your happy with your lead you can then buy the full version for $99. be aware that all newer cars will not work with those cables so your effectively buying something with a limited use.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well am only going to use it on my golf iv so i dont really care if its gonna work in any other cars mate..what am worried about is the limited functionality of VCDS am looking in doing some cluster mods with VCDS and a lot more..what function will the lite version have?

·
Registered
483 Posts
which cable will i need mate? as for vagtacho i may buy that one instead
I'm not really up to speed with Vag Tacho,there are plenty of cables on fleabay,but as to which ones are any good or not,I cant really help.To be honest if you don't know what you are doing,it may be safer and cheaper to ask someone on the Forum with the kit and knowledge to help out for beer tokens or something.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You'll probably not get anyone on here to specify you an eBay Vagtacho cable since all the software is illegal. Unlike VCDS who offer a trial software, Vagtacho do not.
Genuine Vagtacho is very expensive

1 - 17 of 17 Posts