Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my girlfriends 2002 Polo Sport, the computer on that can work out a range based on whats left in the fuel tank.

The Boras knows how much fuel is in the tank as when plugged in to VAG COM it knows its got say 19L left in tank, is there anyway that I can get the Bora to display a range? Its a 2000 Bora SE TDI.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
I wanna know this to!

There is a supplement in the back of my handbook that due to technical reasons the range feature is not available as it tells you about it in the main book.

Its also dam annoying after having it in my polo!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
New clocks i'm afraid. It's only enabled on the clocks with full rather than half height centre computer screen. hx2921 (Zak) has just bought a set which do this...

I want too!![:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
yeh I want to know how much fuel is left too !!! That way I know if I can get to whereever rather than flooring it and keep cutting in and out of lanes

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by evilhomer on 11/12/2004 19:14:34

New clocks i'm afraid. It's only enabled on the clocks with full rather than half height centre computer screen. hx2921 (Zak) has just bought a set which do this...

I want too!![:D]

Where? lol. And do we know how much?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Not sur how much but am sure its at least ?250 from what I remember Zak paid.. I had a PM with the ebay auction in it but have deleted it after replying.

Whole unit required too unfortunately. some of them are'nt compatible with others either... Zak is the expert.[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by RichieDan on 12/12/2004 15:32:21

Is it easy to replace the cluster?

Would I have to reset the odometer or is that transferable?

Stealers only in most cases... I think some clocks can be done using vag-com, but don't qoutoe me on that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote: posted by thechief on 12/12/2004 19:38:49

I *think* half height displays can do range too it just needs to be unlocked by reprogamming the eprom.

How can this be done? Any ideas?? I do have VAG COM.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am pretty sure that I have seen the range being displayed on a half height display on another Bora. If there is anyone who knows if you can unlock it, please say! lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Range = estimated distance able to be travelled on the remaining fuel in the tank.

I figure it should be possible as the car knows it has say 25 litres of fuel in the tank, so it should be able to work out roughly how many miles you have left in the tank.

EvilHomer thinks that it is something that might be unlockable, I sure hope so, if anyone knows.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by RichieDan on 12/12/2004 21:43:17

Range = estimated distance able to be travelled on the remaining fuel in the tank.

I figure it should be possible as the car knows it has say 25 litres of fuel in the tank, so it should be able to work out roughly how many miles you have left in the tank.

EvilHomer thinks that it is something that might be unlockable, I sure hope so, if anyone knows.

No wasn't me that thought that!!! I'm 99% sure you need new clocks, what I sed was that some versions of the clocks you buy will be sortable to fit to the car using vsg-com... some will need full stealer input!!![:I]

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Hey 180Turbo, stop copying my sig! LOL!!

I have the full height comp on mine and no range and my mate has the half height in his Golf (import) and has the range.

So reading the previous posts can it be enabled as I have the bora sport cluster with the full MFA?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry EvilHomer, my bad!

I appreciate your comments guys, and I hope it doesnt mean new clocks as that seems very expensive.

JRW's mates Golf gives me a little hope as it might be possible to unlock.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts