Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show season is all but over and the winter in heading this way fast! Boo!

As you lot from around the North west are enthusiastic regarding turning up to meets I thought of a little variation during the winter wouldn't go amiss; and those car parks we stand in get kinda cold! What about one sunday during the winter when the roads are quiet a drive into North Wales for some food and an enjoyable spin out to shrug off the winter blues?

There are some pretty fine roads around that area though this isn't no race trip, due to the time of year and to take into account some members will be in their winter cars (Tabs, MikeTDi et al)

Do you fancy it?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How does Sunday 18th December sound, a little gathering and drive prior to Christmas?

As for routes, i'm open to suggestions however Llangollen and B-s-Coed will feature on a curcuit but the route is PM only for obvious reasons but will involve having some food and a photo stop if we find somewhere appropriate.

Needless to say being North Wales we'll all need to be very aware of their policy on speed cameras as so not to get an unwanted Christmas present off the rozzers!

Post up your interest in the usual manner please...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I reckon about the end of Nov/start of Dec (gives me time to get a new car [;)]). Not too sure about routes... Snowdon way? Maybe A55 for some horsing and then on to Anglesey?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I reckon about the end of Nov/start of Dec (gives me time to get a new car [;)]). Not too sure about routes... Snowdon way? Maybe A55 for some horsing and then on to Anglesey?
Isn't the A55 speed camera city?

I like the idea of Anglesey, we'll be able to get some grub there!

·
Registered
920 Posts
no cameras on the a55 just trafic cars ect. just been over to llangollen - betwys-y-coed on the a5 today, great run out not much trafic on the roads .[:D]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no cameras on the a55 just trafic cars ect. just been over to llangollen - betwys-y-coed on the a5 today, great run out not much trafic on the roads .[:D]
Llangollen - Betwys-y-coed eh? we'll look into that!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Llangollen - Betwys-y-coed eh? we'll look into that!
That's a belting run imo Gary, one of my all time fave's when i still had my bike, great roads and good food at Dil's Diner at Betwys-y-coed, let's get it sorted... [:D]

1 - 20 of 51 Posts