Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I've booked us in for food at The Horn Inn in Northwich, next to the River Weaver and Acton Bridge on the A49.

Dining is 1pm, so if we all meet at mid-day?

Who wants food?

• Mike (Tony Danza)
  • Tom (Stunt)
  • Anthony (BigT1987) & mate Aiden ???
  • Gary Cunliffe
  • Stu (Waggzy)
  • Paul (V6DKO)
  • Kiz
  • Alan (Buford T Justice)
  • Ian (He's got an egg for a head)
  • Tabs & Tracy
  • Rye & Jyoti

Coming (possibly) for the sheer hell of it:

• Beddie & better half
  • Mike (euro slag)
  • Curley
  • GTIGreen
  • Stewart ?
  • Martin & Lisa

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Is this the boozer who's owned by the father of a member on here?

I thinks its fine as far as locations go, realistically its only a couple of miles further up the M56 from the Romper. And I like the A49 too!

Say three/four weeks time? will it clash with any early shows?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a trackday at Mallory Park on Saturday the 25th, but that's it.. so Sunday the 26th would be the obvious choice?

Previous meets have been Southport, South Manchester, North Manchester, Wirral...so I guess it is kind of Cheshire's (or maybe Merseyside's) turn to host?... and in reality, it is only around 15-20 mins from the Romper.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cracking plan.

But - Some people class the Wirral as Cheshire for some reason? [;)] We'll have to see whose official turn it is?

It is a REALLY nice boozer though, if that helps sway the argument.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Cracking plan.

But - Some people class the Wirral as Cheshire for some reason? [;)] We'll have to see whose official turn it is?

It is a REALLY nice boozer though, if that helps sway the argument.
Hehe Wirral isn't Cheshire. Some snobby people like to disassociate themselves from Liverpool, even though most of them earn their money from working in Liverpool. The CH postcode stands for CHester [;)]

The location for the next meet sounds good! I'll be there with my car all polished up... The rain prevented me from doing so yesterday.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I know what you mean....people think that living in Stockport means they are in Cheshire!
technically they would be correct! Sale is classed as Cheshire these days too.
All been part of Greater Manchester since the 70's. And they all hate it! Its like Wigan, part of the county of Greater Manchester but all reckon they are Lancashire.

Who's your Police force? GMP!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I know what you mean....people think that living in Stockport means they are in Cheshire!
technically they would be correct! Sale is classed as Cheshire these days too.
All been part of Greater Manchester since the 70's. And they all hate it! Its like Wigan, part of the county of Greater Manchester but all reckon they are Lancashire.

Who's your Police force? GMP!
i live in greater manchester.... my address is stalybridge, cheshire and i have a stockport postal code [;)] its one big con i think

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The Horn Inn sounds good to me and is a relatively short blast down the A49 from mine (great road btw peeps! [;)])

I'll shoot Welchy15 off here a pm as his dad runs the Horn i believe, so let's hope we don't wreck the place lol!!!

26th March sounds like a good date then guys?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cheshire is made up of 6 districts;

1.Ellesmere Port & Neston,

2. Chester

3. Vale Royal

4. Crewe & Nantwich

5. Congleton

6. Macclesfield

Halton (Runcorn) & Warrington were in Cheshire upto around 1996(ish) LGR, but our now unitary authorities in their own right.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Blimey,this didnt take long to get sorted! Is this the kind of organisation we can expect to see in 2006? If so,then i like it! Lol's. Yeah this sounds good to me,so count me in. And i'll be having food as well.....i like food,especially pudding,yum[pi][^][:D]. I'll keep an eye on this post,just in case we have a change of plan. Have to say though,the idea of moving venue each time seems to be working quite well,so i reckon we keep with it. Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i should be up for this i've just ordered satnav, it should be delivered soon... so you lot don't need 2 save me a place at the table i'll just turn up same time as everyone else [:p]

Antony
Lol's,i dont think your ever going to live this one down Ant! In the same way that Rye will never forget about the roundabout incident. Anyway,glad your all up for this next meet,might it be an idea to get an idea of who's having food,so we can get a table organised? Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lisa and I should be up for this too. I'll double check the date and post if we want food (I don't know either of the pubs, so can't comment on where to eat).

Hopefully see some of you this Sunday at Ultimate Dubs in Telford.

Martin

1 - 20 of 72 Posts