Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EVERYONE PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT UPDATE 30/01:

The owner has requested people eating all get there for 12:00 instead of 1:00 as originally planned - this means we'll now be meeting up at Charnock Richard services to be aiming to leave at 11:30. I will endeavour to PM/email everyone who has said they're coming as soon as I get chance.

Thanks everyone,

Mike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet details:

Ok everyone - looks like we've decided on the Ram Inn, Burnley Rd, Burnley, Lancashire BB10 4SU... which is near Holme Chapel (located here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=BB104SU&hl=en)

For those not local and coming up/down the M6 I think Charnock Richard services (Northbound) setting off around 11:30 should give sufficient time to cruise there. Feel free to suggest any other meet up points and I'll include them in this post if you're coming from the other side of Burnley.

If you confirm in the post you're deffo coming please and if you want food, then I'll get a table sorted.

Mike, Ian and Alan (food)
Beddie & Emma (food)
Curley & Brian (food)
Tabs & Tracy (food)
Paul aka Dad (food)
Red Jeffers (food TBC)
Gary C... it's a Ghia mind. (food)
Carl & better half (food)
Pat (food)
Kiz (food)
Austin21 (food)
Lee Ingham (food TBC)
LeeVW + 1 (no food)
Martin & Leon (food)
Tom (food)
Stewart (food TBC)
Ryan (food TBC)
Ste2 (no food)
RJH (food TBC)
TDI29 (food TBC)
Gavporkball + 1 (food)
Sidot (food)

Everyone's really keen to get to know some of the new faces in the NW area, so come along and lets start this year off as the one to remember. Food is always an informal affair, so if you'd rather have a drink and a bag of crisps or something then don't be put off... it's hardly black tie (except for the posh A3 owners [:p]) Late comers are welcome, we usually hang around for a good few hours.

P.S - does anyone local know if the Cross Gaits Inn is nearby?? (Blako, Nelson way) We used to own it when I was a little nipper and haven't seen it since I was about 5 - I might take a trip over.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I'm always up for dubbin' and grubbin' Mike so i'm there, wherever that is lol! [:D]

Sunday 28th sound good? or if into Feb how about the first weekend (4th)?

How about the good old Romper or anyone else have any suggestions, come on Nw'ers lets talk fried food and puds....[;)]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'm always up for dubbin' and grubbin' Mike so i'm there, wherever that is lol! [:D]

How about the good old Romper or anyone else have any suggestions, come on Nw'ers lets talk fried food and puds....[;)]
Beddies going to be busy if it's the 4th. Superchips weekend..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Guys,

It's about time as we didn't have an Xmas curry or something.

Depending on Dates. Put me down for two places (me and GF) on the 4th Feb, can't make 28th Jan as off out mountian biking in Wales all day.

The Romper is good for me but not really fussed where we have lunch.

Carl

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
After looking at Gary's North west members register about 50/60 members on here that have posted on that thread.

Why then isnt there more members attending the meets than the regular "hard core" that come all the time. Beddie, Gary, Tabs, Paul and Kiz "when his cars going" [:O][;)][:D] to name a few..

The rolling road shoot was very well attended both times, why not the Sunday meets or midweek meets when we have them??? Winter, too cold, goes dark to early, what....

I'm not having a go at any members but if there was some way of getting a few more to attend that would be great.

Opinions please...[:D] and dont give me evils next time i see ye [:'(]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
[:|][:|]

Count me in anyway, even if I will feel slightly inferior in my lowly mk4 mixing with you Audi boys [:$][:D]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
[:|][:|]

Count me in anyway, even if I will feel slightly inferior in my lowly mk4 mixing with you Audi boys [:$][:D]
You fishing for compliments about your car again Pat.

Audi's aint all that, especially Beddies one...[^o)][:D] Red is sooo last year[:$] Wait till he sees this[:D]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'd love to come... I feel like I haven't been to a meet in ages and I miss you guys [{]... But, my car is off the road at the moment and I am completely skint! When I finish my PhD in a month and hopefully get a job, i'll be back to attending regularly! Maybe even in a different car in the next 12 months.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
When I finish my PhD in a month and hopefully get a job, i'll be back to attending regularly! Maybe even in a different car in the next 12 months.
R32 in 12 months time then.... Hope to see you before then though..[:D]

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Beddies going to be busy if it's the 4th. Superchips weekend..
Am I right in thinking that the Superchips weekend is Friday/Saturday? So Sunday the 4th is a possibility??

I'm not around on the 28th but don't let that be an issue if it's best for everyone else.

As for registered NWers and attendees, we are usually centred around South Manchester/Cheshire and it's a long trek for some I suppose? Maybe we should look into a mid-way jobbie some time soon... we could all hit Camelot or a nice pub in Windemere or something else?
We do need to encourage some new faces to come along, some of the other areas have much bigger turn outs than ours. Do you think we need to look at what people want to do on a meet - could it be a pub meal is putting people off and we need something more laid back? We'll maybe put heads together this meet and see what we can do.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Am I right in thinking that the Superchips weekend is Friday/Saturday? So Sunday the 4th is a possibility??

I'm not around on the 28th but don't let that be an issue if it's best for everyone else.

As for registered NWers and attendees, we are usually centred around South Manchester/Cheshire and it's a long trek for some I suppose? Maybe we should look into a mid-way jobbie some time soon... we could all hit Camelot or a nice pub in Windemere or something else?
We do need to encourage some new faces to come along, some of the other areas have much bigger turn outs than ours. Do you think we need to look at what people want to do on a meet - could it be a pub meal is putting people off and we need something more laid back? We'll maybe put heads together this meet and see what we can do.
Your right Mike, Superchips Fri and Sat 2nd and 3rd Feb so Sunday 4th is ok.

I think most of the new members dont want to be hanging around a pub car park in the middle of winter for a few hours.

It's better when we travel around the area a bit and not just in one spot like the Romper. Wasn't there a bit of trouble a few months ago ???

Wouldnt mind a trip up to Pats/Ryan's place, was good last year, bit cold though. S/pose to go before chrimbo but that fell through.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your right Mike, Superchips Fri and Sat 2nd and 3rd Feb so Sunday 4th is ok.

I think most of the new members dont want to be hanging around a pub car park in the middle of winter for a few hours.

It's better when we travel around the area a bit and not just in one spot like the Romper. Wasn't there a bit of trouble a few months ago ???

Wouldnt mind a trip up to Pats/Ryan's place, was good last year, bit cold though. S/pose to go before chrimbo but that fell through.
Yeah, they quickly turned snotty once they'd had our money off us for the meal - the so called spotty oik of a bar manager with a sense of humour bypass nearly soiled his pants too when Beddie jokingly told him we could "take his staff" [:D]

Is Pat's/Ryan's place the one up in t'hills?? I'd be up for a drive out so long as there's a cosy fire and cockle warming custard!! I'll have to dig out my Roland Rat lunchbox and flask in case we break down though - dib dib.

·
Registered
66 Posts
can i go even thou i have just joined wouldent mind meeting some of you guys i bet it is a right laugh[:D] and seeing some of the cars that you have please could some one let me know when you lot deside when it is cheers guys

1 - 20 of 168 Posts