Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any group road trips planned in 2007? I have been thinking of making a trip this year, and wondered about organising a huge roadtrip like some of you have done previously in 2006. I would also like to get PISTONHEADS interest and make it a joint forum really big event.

nosaj or veterans of these road trips - any info would be really good to help get the trip on the drawing board.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=341204&f=18&h=0

GT 130

·
Registered
92 Posts
Think this is a great idea! Have always wanted to go and would be great to go with aload of people from here. Will def be watching this space!!!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Me Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me MeMe Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me?Me Me Me Me Me
Always say I wanna go, never able to. This year my resolution is to GET IT SORTED and go. Prefferably soon. A couple of mates are up for it, but we would like to go along with a bigger group of cars, so will watch with interest...

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Superb! Lets make it happen guys and gals.

Especially as i had to cancel my le mans trip this year at last minute due to people in my team not making up their minds......

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i dont supose that a 1.4 would be welcome
i dont think i would be anywhere near you guys after the first few miles driving.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Its now my yearly adventure so this'll be my third! Count me in.

However, a word of warning. Keep the group to less than 14 to make the social events easy. When we went eating on an evening the restaurants find it very difficult to cater for anymore and you end up with people sitting on different tables which is never fun.

We have managed both times so far but last year did get cramped. If there is a huge amount of interest it may be worth having 2 ' sub-groups' for evening entertainment.

I've got some contact details for places to stay and if we can take over a hotel, or the better [:D]

The places we've stayed last times are about a 10min drive from the 'ring in a beautiful quiet location. It's much better and cheaper than the hotels around the 'ring village. The rooms and hotels are stunning (easily 5 star accomodation) for only 30 euros a night. Last year my sis' boyfriend and me had to stay in a separate hotel to the others because some bikers had filled it but we didn't mind when we saw the place. It was just down the road and we had basically the top floor of a house with a living room (and double bed in the back), 2 other double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a balcony and driveway for the car. The area is a hive for development of hotels and bed and breakfast so there are always more springing up.

Some pics of last year to wet your apetites... Those of you that haven't been before - especially you Mike! get along. It is a car lovers wet dream and the atmosphere is totally enthralling. If you like Porsches of all ages you'll never leave the car park - except to try the track out [;)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One for Mike...

Posted Image

Be careful out there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
YOU CAN COUNT MY ASS IN FOR THIS!!!!

LEX you can come with me LOL[;)]

Should be fun?
?Deal...... [;)]
i think i might come in my mums 2.5 tdi a6 estate when she gets it. after i have made her get the biggest remap availble lol
lex

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Keep your pealers on the NOS thread [;)]

going to put up some new pics tonight LOL

naaa you dont want to do the ring in a diesel LOL you can have a LAP in my motor[;)]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'm game for definate, wouldn't worry about going in a smaller engined car LEX, I doubt people would leave someone behind, I wouldn't anyhow. 

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm DEFINITELY up for this, was only discussing it with Foxy night before last...

For planning purposes it might be worth using Stormys trip, see link below (the Euro Combo Trip on the second bank holiday in May)

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/2/697483/ShowThread.aspx

If you want to see what the Ring trips are all about then download my crap movie (link below), this was the September 2005 trip so pretty quiet compared to the Spring/Summer dates...

http://www.pisspoorperformance.co.uk/foxy/

Right click on the RingSept2005.wmv link and s elect 'save target as'. Sorry but its nearly 300meg in size and will take a while but its worth it as it shows pretty much all of what these trips are all about - The great drive there and back, the social scene and the laps on the ring of course!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Me and a few mates where hoping to do this last year but we faffed about and the summer season passed before we knew it.

Would like to do it this year but too many commitements, plus the fact I don't really have a suitable car to warrant taking over there to do a few laps.

Maybe next year...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Suitable car? What car is NOT suitable? lol

I've seen Fiat Cinquento's, VW polo's full of students and coaches round there, its all about the ambience, atmosphere and the experience, it will totally blow your mind.

There's always loads of passenger rides going as well...

Foxy went in his Skoda estate last time, no probs, still as enjoyable [:D]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Count me in +1 - Just need a brake upgrade first!! Think a mate in his Celica GT4 +1 again will want to come too - If possible

1 - 20 of 68 Posts