Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just remind people of the below rule

- Classifieds (For Sale, Wanted)
Any member can view a topic in the Classifieds section, although please note that members with a post count less than one hundred (100) and term of membership less than three (3) months will not be able to post an ad until they reach the specified criteria. This is to discourage individuals from joining up to the forum just to post ad's in the classifieds

There seems to be an increase in the number of members who don't have the right criteria to post in the classifieds, but try to put an ad in another section

There is no point in doing this - your post will be deleted

Please abide by the rules - join in and you'll find it easy to reach 100 posts

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just to bump this - spamming the board with lots of rubbish in the spotted section or welcome section won't get a classified approved...in case anyone was wondering....

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just to bump this - spamming the board with lots of rubbish in the spotted section or welcome section won't get a classified approved...in case anyone was wondering....
bump again

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Other day someone actually said I can't sell in the classifieds as I haven't been a member long enough so proceded to try and sell in another section!

·
Registered
352 Posts
ihave to admit i was no stranger to leaving for sale things in other section [:D], it is really annoying though when you have something to sell and cant!!

·
Mk2 Golf GTI VR6
3,921 Posts
But also annoying when genuine people get ripped off by scammers that join up just to abuse the trust that members give to other members.

Definitely a good rule and set at an appropriate level I think.

I recently joined another forum for another car, they have a really stupid post restriction structure, like not even being able to see all forum sections until you have 30 posts, so I have to somehow make up those 30 posts by only having access to the 'welcome' section and members galleries. That means 30 posts of says 'hello' to other new members, or 'wow I really like your car', instead of making useful posts in the technical sections.

Despite people's moans, I think this is one of the best run/managed forums on the net, all the rules are fair and are to the benefit of all the members.

uk-mkivs

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Definitely a good rule and set at an appropriate level I think.

Despite people's moans, I think this is one of the best run/managed forums on the net, all the rules are fair and are to the benefit of all the members.

uk-mkivs
Thanks for the support [Y]

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
apart from it being against the rules, id be wary of someone supposedly selling golf related parts who cant find 100 different things helpful or interesting to say on this site.

It just screams that they are going to try ripping folk off tbh

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I think it is fair enough because I got scammed £300 odd on a downhill bike I bought off of pinkbike and although I like the website/forum anyone can advertise to sell stuff and it really annoyed me getting scammed there. And if people that don't qualify really need or want to sell something there is local ads or ebay etc. At least with the restrictions it should minimise scamming. [6]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts