Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the superb weekend we had on the first visit (April/May 05) earlier this year, I have been literally gagging to get back there as soon as practicable.

Once again, I'm just wondering if anyone fancies trooping over for a good bruising round t'ring !!??

Costs were absolutely minimal considering the quality .......

Here's the figures to give you some idea:

1) Norfolkline Ferry (special deal) - Dover - Dunkerque - return for around ?54.....no silly travelling times either
2) Dunkerque - Nuerburgring driving is 250 miles each way.........worked out at about ?20 each way at the French/German fuel pump prices in my TDi........you may pay more if you're less frugal.
3) Hotel - we got holiday flats at 30-Euro/night (B&B) - that's about ?21 each/night.....the rooms were spotless and very newly built.....we were in the middle of the countryside but still only 3km from t'ring !

Posted Image

4) Ring - 60-Euro for 5 laps......prices vary depending on how many laps you take.
5) Food - Eating out was cheaper than expected.....steak house worked out at about ?20/head inc drinks - the Pizza place was about ?10/head inc drinks. JonXL is to thank for soprting out our eateries!
Small other expenses for lunch time snacks - not mega bucks at all.

Thinking of perhaps early September for a long weekend.......I realise there are no bank holidays but I will take a day off (or two!)

So - here are some 'feeler' dates.......

Sunday 4th Sept

Sunday 11th Sept

Sunday 18th Sept

(I am listing Sundays because what we did last time is Travel over on the Saturday, get one lap in just before they close, then hit it hard Sunday, then come back early Monday).

Give me a clue if you're up for it.......

I'll be reserving places at the Hotel for the original trippers from last time as a priority, but there are many other places to stay if you want to get your own accommodation sorted)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Jon,

It was such a great trip last time I had.....
Sure.count me in for now.. as long as i can take the day off at work.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Oh man, had an AWESOME time last time, count me in for deffo!

Need to arrange the dates asap as i know my boss wants a long weekend off in September..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'm provisionally up for it. I MAY get the ferry from Newcastle tho and
see where I end up. Meet you all over there. I'll start to investigate!

Stew

[EDIT] My darling Cat will be joining us. I just got spanked for leaving her out! [:d]

·
Registered
571 Posts
*Bouncing up and down* ME! ME! ME! [:D]

As I can't keep a calendar that far in advance, I know I have nothing on. Just let me know the dates, and I'll be there with bells on. Clothes too, if I remember them.[:$]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Foxy,

did you manage to get the car to go over the slide and land inside the window? Runway abit short?
Cool [H]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'd love to come but I'm rapidly running out of Annual Leave at work, plus I'm going at the start of August! Maybe next time[:D]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Put me down John, the only reservation I've got is a set of wheels, but if it means bringing my 15year old peugot oil burner, i'll be there. [;)]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I'd also like to go as I missed out last time. No idea whether I'll be
able to go this time either as I'll not be long into my new job.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts