Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick one this- currently got the car in bits so I want to get finished before its too cold/dark to work on it.

I'm in the process of swapping my Net-Optic trim for genuine R32 Aluminium trim. All I have left to do are the two strips down the sides of the radio cage. I know how to get the trim strips out- push locking tab away from clip and slide trim down- but I don't really want to have to take the whole radio cage out to do it.

Is it possible to access the locking tab while the cage is still in the dash?

·
Registered
492 Posts
If it is the same as the golf, then you should be fine to leave the cage in. I just had to pull the radio out slightly so I could get a screw driver in to press the tabs in.

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As promised, pictures:

Net-Optic trim before removal-

Lovely new R32 trim- See if you can spot the plastic bit:

Defroster vent rings will tie the door handle trim in with the central dash trim quite nicely I think (waiting for the handles to turn up- Thanks Kris!):

Finally, new pedals- OEM TT pedals:

Apologies about the lighting in the photos- its been overcast all day and I've only got my phone's 5MP camera to use at the moment. Oh, and if anyone knows the answer to my speaker cover question in the post above, it'd be great if you could let me know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
looks smart, a vast improvement!
did u manage to take off the speaker cover without removing the doorcard?
pleased u got your card sorted now, been reading about it in your other thread! [H]

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I haven't got the speaker sorted, that's one of the jobs for tomorrow- got a couple more bits to fit/replace, and the weather is meant to be good so I'm gonna give the car a good wash and wax.

The Net-Optic trim is quite nice, but I just prefered the R32 stuff- brightens the car a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts