Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It pops up on the other forums from time to time but I still have to watch it make mincemeat out of every car it passes, superb stuff.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'd be very surprised if that was just front wheel drive mate. There's gotta be way way more BHP & torque than the front wheels alone can handle? Good clip though - first time I've seen it!

Sarge

·
Registered
570 Posts
Now that is a seriously quick car and would be good to see this go against the Dahlback black mkiv Golf too [:D]

It must be 4wd to put that much power down as well as get the power out of the corners onto the straights.

Anyone for a passenger ride.....[H]

·
Registered
432 Posts
Jeez, porsche's ferrari's and a lambo. What has he got under the bonnet. lemme guess something like a VR6 with twin turbo's???

Does anyone know.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Absolutely awesome... highlight is when it destroys the scooby.... has gotta be 4wd, and it sounds like one scary engine.[:|][:|]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I'd be very surprised if that was just front wheel drive mate. There's gotta be way way more BHP & torque than the front wheels alone can handle? Good clip though - first time I've seen it!
I've had a look around their site and all I can find is this. http://www.carpignano.ch/tuning_biturbo.html

Reason I said I thought it was FWD was how the car steered when he nailed the power. If it was 4WD he would have been on the power earlier IMO.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
And admittedly the mk3 was never designed for 4wd, which is why there are so few converted... only one of note is the dubsport twin vr6 turbo(one engine driving front wheels, one the back), which Im sure was quicker than that.. and it looked quick!!  (dubsports was 3, or sub 3 sec 0-60 im sure)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I've had a look around their site and all I can find is this. http://www.carpignano.ch/tuning_biturbo.html

Reason I said I thought it was FWD was how the car steered when he nailed the power. If it was 4WD he would have been on the power earlier IMO.
It could just be torque steer before the 4mo transfers the power to the rear, with my R you could feel the front loose traction and the power move to the rear. The car sort of squiremed and that was with half the power of the car!

J.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
And admittedly the mk3 was never designed for 4wd, which is why there are so few converted... only one of note is the dubsport twin vr6 turbo(one engine driving front wheels, one the back), which Im sure was quicker than that.. and it looked quick!! (dubsports was 3, or sub 3 sec 0-60 im sure)
Yes it was. The mkIII was available as a 4mo on the continent from the factory.

J.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts