Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
look good mate, how low did you go??? what did you put on???

looks pretty cool with the TT rims on.

are you going to colour code the valances???? would look good if they were painted

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys...

Its a 110 gttdi on a T plate (Bought off the 'old dear'!). I've fitted a merc maf and lowered it by -35mm on Eibach springs. Also fitted an Alpine headunit and sub.

Marc, I had a mate fit the springs for a ton (?100) although I lended a hand cos it was taking a while to do!!

I'm def' planning to colour code the valances but cannot afford proper 4 motion ones so im thinking of getting some new standard ones and having a go at painting them myself. Does anyone know where I can get 'plastic bonder'(?) from?

Cheers, Robin

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sweet. change those side reps for silvery ones!

I wouldn't rush into coding the valences. Will look crap if they're done badly.

Bide your time and get a pro job if you must do it! Consider a spoiler instead!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Robin give me a call i have the standard valences of my gti in the shed doing nothing, can you get me a price on a boot catch, inner boot light packed up on mine now[:(]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Whats the ride like with just the springs, age of car aswell and what milage have you done. dont know wether to go for just springs or wait for full pack.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm well pleased with just the springs 'smithjoe'!!

The shock-absorbers were recently replaced by my mum just before I bought the car (6 months ago) so I didn't want to spend un-neccesary money. The car was built in 1999 and the mileage now stands at 68,000. But the car still feels like new...

The improvment in handling is incredable... especially with the TT rims (cheers Glen). The merc maf has also made the car perform like my mums pd bora. Well pleased!! :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I need a new maf for my 130, could someone please explain the difference between the vw one and the merc one? Any part numbers and prices would be good too. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm def' planning to colour code the valances but cannot afford proper 4 motion ones so im thinking of getting some new standard ones and having a go at painting them myself.

Hi mate iam sure that the 4 motion valances are roughly the same price as the standard ones. thats what the dealer told me when i bought mine anyway!

cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts