Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just after some advice.

I have to drive up to Hinckley, Leicestershire Wednesday and then Langley Mill, Nottingham Thursday where i will then be getting the train back home to South Wales. The question is im just wondering what the weather is like in these areas as i dont want to be stranded 200 miles from home.

Are there any roads i should avoid?

·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
main roada are ok mate , side roads are still crap , we havnt had much snow yet mate
Thats what its like down here in South Wales. The hardest bit is gettiing out of the estate where i live.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
We've had next to no snow in Leicestershire. I do know that there's quite a bit around Milton Keynes which is only around 30 miles south of here.

·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we not had to much snow here yet , but forcast for tuesday , will let you know if You want ??
If you could please mate. That would be great.

I have been looking on the BBC weather website and it doesnt seem too bad.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
depending what way your going to go up..if your thinking of taking the m1...i wouldnt..it took me 8hr to get from leicester to slough yesterday, they havent done a very good job gritting between j1 and j14 on the m1! its shocking!

·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
depending what way your going to go up..if your thinking of taking the m1...i wouldnt..it took me 8hr to get from leicester to slough yesterday, they havent done a very good job gritting between j1 and j14 on the m1! its shocking!
Not sure really as i have only been up Nottingham once before and i just followed my sat nav

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Are you going RTech Tom? As its in Hinckley.

Roads are fine up here to be fair. Rather slippy at the minute because of the cold but clear.

Dan

·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going RTech Tom? As its in Hinckley.

Roads are fine up here to be fair. Rather slippy at the minute because of the cold but clear.

Dan
The company i work for has its workshop on Hinckley industrial estate which is literally behind R-Tech but to get to it you have to drive all the way around. Might stop past R-tech Wednesday if i make it up to Hinckley.

·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wont be going up to Nottingham now Thursday.

Will be driving up to Hinckley though tomorrow as long as the weather is okay.

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey up mate

just had sum snow , main roads still ok , side roads are still crap though, forcast is sunny spells for tomoz

cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts