Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

After nearly two months of trying to locate the fault on my car it seems that with the help of my revo dealer that the car isnt sucking in enough air at high speeds and hard acceleration. Still we cannot locate what is causing this all of the hoses have been off and tonnes valves checked, intercooler etc.

Revo dealer suggests that a factory pipe may be weakend and collapsing at the higher speeds. Does this sound likley i was thinking about trying a set of samco pipes and hoses and hoping this would do the trick.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
There was a video doing the rounds a while back showing a TT rubber hose collapsing under high airflow. Did not recognise which hose it was but it could only be the rubber section between the air filter and the turbo inlet pipe as far as I can tell.

I think that Gary Handa had an inlet hose go on his car too but his is an extreme case (hose disintegrated).

Hardly common.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guys at my revo dealer have tried everything !! they are convinced this can be the only cause of the problem im gonna try some samco hoses and then see how we are.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The hose in question is the rubber section at the top of the TIP... samco make this part. fabricate a CAI for your airbox also.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
120 quid plus VAT for one pipe !!!!!! plus the extra it will cost to get the other set !!! Oh man im getting so tired of the expense. How can they get away with costs like this !

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like its not the pipes afterall just been down to pick the car up, they took readings all the way before the air went into the turbo and it was fine. Then first reading after the turbo was low. Looks like a new turbo is needed now :( so much money this is costing me !!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts