Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

After nearly two months of trying to locate the fault on my car it seems that with the help of my revo dealer that the car isnt sucking in enough air at high speeds and hard acceleration. Still we cannot locate what is causing this all of the hoses have been off and tonnes valves checked, intercooler etc.

Revo dealer suggests that a factory pipe may be weakend and collapsing at the higher speeds. Does this sound likley i was thinking about trying a set of samco pipes and hoses and hoping this would do the trick.

Cheers

· Registered
2,809 Posts
There was a video doing the rounds a while back showing a TT rubber hose collapsing under high airflow. Did not recognise which hose it was but it could only be the rubber section between the air filter and the turbo inlet pipe as far as I can tell.

I think that Gary Handa had an inlet hose go on his car too but his is an extreme case (hose disintegrated).

Hardly common.

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like its not the pipes afterall just been down to pick the car up, they took readings all the way before the air went into the turbo and it was fine. Then first reading after the turbo was low. Looks like a new turbo is needed now :( so much money this is costing me !!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.