Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im not yet an MK4 owner, but its what i hope to be soon. Drive an MK4 Polo at the moment, but think its time for the next step. Looking to spend around ?6,000/?6500 and im wanting 3 doors and more than 1.4.

Ive been looking through the members gallery, and you can tell you guys really like your cars. Im not surprised, there are some real inspiration cars in there. Feel welcome all ready.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Welcome to the forum [^]

Take a brouse thru the classifieds. should find yourself a bargain. ?6000 should get you a nice 1.8t or tdi

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome mate, any other specific's besides 3door and more than a 1.4?

3 doors only TDi's or GTi's. Oh and .:R's of course!!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, Sure you'll be able to find a decent example TDI for your money....maybe even a 1.8T GTI [:D]

Where abouts in Leeds are you from?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Live in Ilkley, bout 20 mins drive from Leeds. Not sure, would like a GTI, whats the main differences between gti and tdi, part from fuel? reckon i can get a GTI 3 door with about 50,000 miles on the clock?

cheers folks. Seems like a friendly, helpful site!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The GTI come in 2 main guises, 2.0l 8v 115BHP and the 150BHP 1.8l 20v turbo. If you can get one thats fits your bill for the money I'd definatly go for turbo.

I'm from over the other side of the moors in Baildon, got any mates over this way? I sometimes go out on the beer in Ilkley, not since before Christmas though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, ilkley is good for nights out. So, im after a 3 dr GTI, black or silver. do you know of any goods pics that will inspire me? (havent seen many black)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome mate.

Can't go wrong with the ole soot machines (yeh, ok - i'm biased)

If you're looking to tune a GTI, i'd get the 1.8T!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bit of a tough situation. with my budget (?6,500) im gonna struggle to get a GTI with sub 100,000 miles. i can get a low milage 3 door but it will only be a 1.4. trying to find a compromise, but they are few ard far between.

·
Registered
808 Posts
with my budget (?6,500)

And thats before you start modding whatever you buy [:D]

Now your a member on here somehow I think you might end up with an extended budget [;)]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i can worry about debt once ive got the car [:D]ill just have to keep an eye out, and might have to go for a 5 Door.[:O]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Quote: posted by J111ASE on 07/02/2005 22:22:41

welcome to the forum from another yorkshire member.

And another,welcome mate.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still looking, and still want a black 3 dr. would love a 1.8 or 2.0 much diff in insurance? been quoted ?750 for full comp on a 2.0 GTi. Fed up with my polo now, want some torque.! Bumped budget up to ?7,000. mainly to get the mileage down. Keep an eye out for a nice motor you yorkshire folk.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts