Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to Amd today & apparently my VF Supercharger kit is clearing cusoms now & should be with me early next week[:D]
Just seem to b wishing time away now to be honest until it arrives, then the fun will begin!

The 4mo is in a state of slight dismantlement in prep, not that I'm excited or anything![;)]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Nice one whose fitting it .. yourslef? there is a good forum for VF
installs it is sponsored by them I will try to dig out Putoline said it
was invalubale when he installed his

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, fitting it all myself. Shouldn't be too bad! May take the odd picture or two....

One VF site for guides is www.vf-unplugged.net

Theres a good set of pics here (R32 install of VF stage 1) https://flic.kr/p/167997843
(Had a little time to do some research over the past few months!)

I'm guessing at about 285-290 as a starting power figure until I get stage 2 which will break the 300 barrier[:D]

·
Registered
398 Posts
The install is pretty strait forward...a mate has just completed the same on his Corrado VR...(Gets it mapped in 2 weeks)....only thing he came up against was fabricating brackets for an oil cooler...(not sure if the 4mo needs/has one?)... his is stage 2 and hopes to be running 290BHP at 10.5psi....Ive been in a Mk3 VR with the same setup and its an animal!!!!!..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
WOW thats one excellent box of goodies there mate , i'm unbelievably jealous, make sure you let us all know how good it is

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I managed to find some time to start fitting the kit & to be honest have done about 75% of it, it really is straightforward, once you realise that the V6 instructions are less than not too clever & the R32 ones are spot on......almost!
Progress so far includes, wiring mods to washer pump, level sensor, MAF, MAF Clamp, secondary air pump. The kit comes with generic pre-made looms which have crimps already attached complete with heatshrink sleeves. I cut these off & soldered all of the extensions then heatshrunk them. Prefered this way tbh. The washer bottle, sec air pump & power steering reservoir are moved to their new homes. Air box & crankcase vent system removed. Supercharger, brackets, Induction kit & 95 % of the pipework (intake) fitted & complete.
The ECU is away for software update, should be back mid next week. The kit comes with a screw in oil return fitting for the sump which I have chosen not to use, I am having an ali one made to be tig welded onto the sump, again just my preference. This fitting I won't get until end of next week, american threads! With regards to the kit, it is fantastic, all the brackets pick up on existing mounts, I had 1 incorrect pipe size (silicon coupler) which is coming early next week. So far I have only spent about 8 hours in total on it.
I am going to mod the crankcase vent system to incorparate an oil separator prior to returning into the inlet duct, should preserve the MAF a lot that way.
AmD have been awesome in advise, supply etc of the kit and also sorting a couple of minor issues I had such as sending me R32 instructions as the VF supplied V6 ones are not that clever & organising the replacement part I required.
I am at a bit of a standstill at the moment waiting on the parts above but not too bothered as my aim is back on the road within 2 weeks[:D]
Here's a couple of pics of the progress so far, sorry about the quality but they're from my phone! I have better ones on te Eos!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's done!!!!!

Picked up my catch tank (custom made) today &
fitted it, cleared all the ECU errors incurred by the 'bench flashing'
& fired her up (Must admit to being very very nervous at this
stage!). Started first time!
biggrin.gif
And all I can say is
biggrin.gif
WOW!!!
biggrin.gif

to the new whine my car has! Just the bumper & undertray to fit
& a test drive will take place! Need to declare a couple of ickle
mods I now have to the insurers before that happens though
wink.gif

I'll post up some finished pics & hopefully what she drives like (no washing for the last 3 months
huh.gif
so a little dusty to say the least!) in the next day or so......

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Btw if you fancy writing a review we can post it up on the home page if you like?
I'm going to write a bit about it with some pics very soon, I think VW Driver would like something too, It would be great to get something up on the homepage

[:D]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Wayne, that looks great!!!!!!!!!!, well done for fitting it as well, i,d be scared stiff!

Zak

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, after 6 very slow months, my 4mo is now back on the road :D I can honestly say that it was well worth the wait, from my initial driving the power delivery is awesome! The power characteristics are exactly the same as before except it now has a relentless amount from 2.5-3k all the way up to the top of the rpm range, the noise is awesome too! :D Absolutely chuffed to bits with it!
Can't wait until the next show now ;)
Here's a few pics of the finished article (I also put some BBS RC's on while she was off the road ;) .......... :D
BEFORE
Posted Image

AFTER!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts