Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a group buy on a full miltek system less than 2 years ago paid ?550 for the full system

upto a few weeks a ago all was fine until, until the rearback box started to rattle and have been told by 2 garages now that the baffle/baffles have come loose inside the box, and rattle all day long even when stood on tick over,

I know you get a certain amout of gurantee with your exhaust but have been told by awsome that its olny covered for rust, surley it should cover everything after paying all that money it should last a aftertime however hard you drive it which i dont

I am not happy with this although the after service is good on stuff like this it is very unforgiving when its not your fault, and they dont seem to want to help you [:(]

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Mate

I know what you are saying and in a way I was as supprised as you

The warranty is offered by Miltek themselfs and not us

They do offer a warranty on the part and this is for a year , this usually gives time for any faults or flaws to show

But Milltek do not offer a lifetime warranty on that , it is just on the stainless

Sorry

Sarah

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi Mate

I know what you are saying and in a way I was as supprised as you

The warranty is offered by Miltek themselfs and not us

They do offer a warranty on the part and this is for a year , this usually gives time for any faults or flaws to show

But Milltek do not offer a lifetime warranty on that , it is just on the stainless

Sorry

Sarah
so basically, a miltek system has no more a warrantee than a mild steel system on the internals?that sucks!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
In the past Milltek have bent over backwards to assist customers, sort out problems and replace defective parts. If you look at some of my previous Milltek posts you will see what I mean. However, it is clear that any business cannot offer a full lifetime warranty on everything without going under.  I always thought it was inevitable that this would happen, it's just unfortunate this this has happened to you with this particular problem.  I also had a back box with a defective baffle so I know just how annoying it can be.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
best thing to do,is take off the backbox,and strategically hit it with a mallet where the baffles are mounted,and by squashing it in the right place,you will stop the rattle!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
In the past Milltek have bent over backwards to assist customers, sort out problems and replace defective parts. If you look at some of my previous Milltek posts you will see what I mean. However, it is clear that any business cannot offer a full lifetime warranty on everything without going under. I always thought it was inevitable that this would happen, it's just unfortunate this this has happened to you with this particular problem. I also had a back box with a defective baffle so I know just how annoying it can be.
Then miltek should build better quality exhausts if they cannot offer lifetime warrantys

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Understandable response but I wouldn't say it's a sub-standard product and I've had more trouble than most.

·
Registered
920 Posts
some fast fit garages now offer three year guarantees on there mild steel exhausts

would of thought you would get more than a year with stainless steel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the past Milltek have bent over backwards to assist customers, sort out problems and replace defective parts. If you look at some of my previous Milltek posts you will see what I mean. However, it is clear that any business cannot offer a full lifetime warranty on everything without going under. I always thought it was inevitable that this would happen, it's just unfortunate this this has happened to you with this particular problem. I also had a back box with a defective baffle so I know just how annoying it can be.
Then miltek should build better quality exhausts if they cannot offer lifetime warrantys
Exactually they should build products that are made to last no just a few years for the money, it has put me oof buying them again and would tell people to steer clear aswel

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
well i was looking sriously at buying a whole system, and front pipe with hi flow cat from miltek.this has put me off them!!! not spending approximately ?650 on something with a lesser warranty than a mild steel system from a garage like quick fit

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I dont understand this either, they have replaced my whole system completely once and fitted another backbox, just because it was noisy!!

They may be feeling the pinch form their earlier generous warranty policy, but to be fair they do offer a lifetime warranty on their exhausts to the original owner. Maybe that is why their systems are a bit pricier than some other stainless systems.......?

I would contact miltek direct and speak to them. At the very least they may offer to provide you with a new rear box at cost......? If there is physical damage to the box, that has caused tis issue, I'd agree its nto so clear, but maybe the baffles are lost because they have rusted out from the inside......??!So its covered.....??

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
THAT IS MENTAL!!!!

I have a LONGLIFE CUSTOM SYSTEM and my warranty is like this

Clamps and rubbers 1year

Rust and ANY OTHER problems as long as it is not caused by damage through speed bumps and the likes LIFETIME with FULL REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!

if it is a problem with the baffels or ANY other part.

Abnd if i sold the car the new keeper can contact LONGLIFW and get the compleat warranty transferd into there name

i cant believe what i am seing from miltec [:O]

a company of this size and caliber should support ALL dealers and customer alike

unreal

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I have just had a word with them at Milltek

Is it possible for you to give us a call on 0161 7760777 press option 1 and ask for me , we may have been able to reach an agreement with them on this

Sarah

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi

I have been sending emails to Milltek and glad that we have managed to resolve this

It is something that we pride ourselfs on , but when it comes to products and their warranty , we are in the hands of our suppliers , this goes to show the level of customer service with Milltek too.

Debbie has been great and between us we managed to get this resolved

Good luck and hope that all goes well for you

No doubt we will get a follow up from Milltek on this and if anyone is interested I will let you know

Thank you for your patience with this , as it does take time to follow up on items like this , and we are so so busy just now too

Sarah

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I hear a faint echo

"In the past Milltek have bent over backwards to assist customers, sort out problems and replace defective parts." I should have added "as have Awesome too".

Glad to hear that it looks like this one is going to be sorted to everyone's satisfaction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Miltek are a fantastic company, dont want to bore you with the details but I had problems with my system spoke to my main man at Miltek  dont want to give his name out as you all be phoning him lets just say the MAIN man sent him a copy of my receipt no problems went down to Miltek and they replaced the whole system FREE OF CHARGE by the way this system was FOUR yes FOUR yrs old I would have no problem in buying another system from these guys WELL DONE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts